What did you buy your ebike this week?

RiderOnTheStorm

On my Magura MT5 brakes, swapped the original plastic handlebar clamps with beefier aluminum clamps. They come in many different colors and are MT5 and MT7 compatible. Went for the black version to match my levers. Good tunning product from Magura in my opinion.

Assembly tip: look for the small arrow on the clamp which should always point upwards.

clamps.jpg

Last edited:

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
On my Magura MT5 brakes, swapped the original plastic handlebar clamps with beefier aluminum clamps. They come in many different colors and are MT5 and MT7 compatible. Went for the black version to match my levers. Good tunning product from Magura in my opinion.

Assembly tip: look for the small arrow on the clamp which should always point upwards.

View attachment 113985
Not to point out the obvious.... But the letter M also indicates the correct position unless you got the cheap Wagura knockoffs

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
Just got an AXS GX mech for the Rail. I told a mate how much I liked the XT mech on there and so it immediately started playing up with no amount of fettling seems to sort it, so an upgrade had to happen. Man maths and all that. Shifts beautifully in the stand, will see how it goes later.

Rubinstein

Subscriber
Apr 7, 2022
kent
Just got an AXS GX mech for the Rail. I told a mate how much I liked the XT mech on there and so it immediately started playing up with no amount of fettling seems to sort it, so an upgrade had to happen. Man maths and all that. Shifts beautifully in the stand, will see how it goes later.
You won’t regret it, there excellent. Only trouble is your gonna want the matching dropper 😝

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Great saddle choice (y) I also use the Ergon SM Pro, "Risky Red" trim. Took the risk and found it rather comfortable even on longer rides.
Update: @rideronthestorm Ergon SM Pro arrived today. You were right about this model having a little less padding and it's a tad narrower. I just took it for a 30 min ride. With either Ergon model even with the SME Mountain Core Prime . . . it's all about the sit bones. I'm 4 inches wide on the sit bones. so anything 4 and below is a small. From my ride today with this narrower seat it seems the extra padding on the one I just took off did nothing . . . all a good saddle needs to do is properly support the two sit bones. The sign of a good saddle I read somewhere is when you don't even think about your saddle anymore. Even with more padding like the seat I just took off, during my last 35 mile ride last week, I didn't get any numbness like I did with the OEM saddle. Just a lttle soreness which was relieved by standing on the pedals for 30 seconds while riding. For me, this seems to let the blood flow which I did a few times during the second half of the ride. Maybe for touring more padding might be beneficial. So far this SM Pro is a winner.

IMG_0032.jpeg

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
Best upgrade I have had on any bike ever, cannot believe how long I thought they were a waste of time (Regular Bike)now on an Ebike just magical. Enjoy

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Red trimmed Ergon saddle arrived a week early and free Amazon shipping to the states from somewhere in Europe. Maybe Germany since thats where Ergon is out of.

That red trim really balances my ride out now👍🏻

Update: @rideronthestorm . . . well I did 3 rides with this saddle (60 miles all tolled) and even though the red trim was great for me, the Ergon SM E-Mountain Core Prime that I already was using on my bike is still "a lot" more comfortable due to more padding. So I swapped it back tonight and sadly had to return the SM Pro version. For those interested in an Ergon saddle for xcountry, single track etc their SM-E Mountain Core is $50 more for the extra padding at $159, but it is pure comfort for those long trips in the saddle and no leg or rear end numbness. I highly recommend Ergon and especially the SM E Mountain Core version.
IMG_0032.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Hmmm, that color does match my red Shimano pedals pretty closely, now you've got me thinking 🤔
That’s what I thought when I bought my Hope crank arms, I could have sworn that they were the same colour as my Vault V12’s but nope, not a massive difference but it was bugging me with them being side by side, you might be lucky, they might be very similar in colour, 🤞for you mate 😉

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
On my Magura MT5 brakes, swapped the original plastic handlebar clamps with beefier aluminum clamps.

View attachment 113985
I'm intrigued as to why you needed these.... if I yank on my MT5's with more force than I would ever use when braking normally I still get zero flex out of them, anywhere. So is it more for the event of a crash? Even then, I would rather break a plastic clamp than a (more expensive) alloy lever. I could well be missing something though!?

RiderOnTheStorm

I'm intrigued as to why you needed these.... if I yank on my MT5's with more force than I would ever use when braking normally I still get zero flex out of them, anywhere. So is it more for the event of a crash? Even then, I would rather break a plastic clamp than a (more expensive) alloy lever. I could well be missing something though!?
I've heard of plastic magura clamps snap when being tightened on the handlebars. I personally have not broken one yet. Just to be on the safe side, I went for the metal option. I think only time will tell....

RiderOnTheStorm

Was time to replace my grips. So I went Rogue with the ODI grips! Made in the good ol' US of A.

The rubber grip material is kinda sticky and thick with some deep grooves. A good thing! Would definitely fit bigger hands better.

They come with nice anodized aluminum rings. When tightened, there is no way to rotate the grips on the handlebars. They feel very secure and satisfying to grab on even with mtb gloves on. No regrets!(y)
odirogue.jpg

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
9EDEE3B3-DBD7-45DE-B621-A7F8D4B54B3F.jpeg

Kash bronze for the new Levo SL. I picked it up Saturday but have been working away in Budapest all week and haven’t even ridden it yet, had a little shopping waiting for me when I got back. Invisiframe kit also so that’s the rest of today sorted.
6A7F1070-3E02-43F8-A67C-A90941F3BE01.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles