What did you buy your ebike this week?

RiderOnTheStorm

New chainstay pad from Race Face. Great design, durable, strechable fabric with velcro strap, and priced right. Note, the larger "Oversize" size fits best on emtb chain stays in my opinion.
chainstaypad.jpg

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Replaced worn out cassette , chain & chainring on my Whyte e160rs .( no pics) ...but yesterday was a very sad day as I had to say goodbye to one of my oldest riding companions after years of being together and visiting some fantastic locations ..it was time to say goodbye .. as she's split ..
I knew at the end of our recent Kirk Yetholm ride that the end was nigh ..but only just got around to looking for something better..
Goodbye Hawg ( split under zip)... View attachment 111734
Hello Raptor 14 ...hope you Ospreys are as good ..but with a price reduction down to £87.00 from an rrp of £145.00..it seemed like a good idea 💡 😁
View attachment 111735
Sorry for your loss . . . Would be fitting to bury her along one of your favorite trails though!

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
@Sanzun

Gorilla Tape Warning! :eek:
Best thing I ever found for removing sticky residue are CPU cleaners
specifically this one "Arctic Silver ArctiClean Thermal Material Remover"
I don't know what's in it but it has a really amazing citrus smell

Probably not worth buying just to remove some residue from a rim though

RiderOnTheStorm

Was looking for a minimalist but robust solution to mount my nav gps on my emtb, something that won't stick out and may break during a fall. Tried many designs, stem top cap mount, handle bar mount sp-connect style, wrist mount,.... Eventually found this small and discrete bar mount on Amazon. Supports most gps units. Has been working well for me.
mount.jpg

valecek

Apr 20, 2023
Slovakia
nukeproof horizont 38mm rise bars carbon,
nukeproof horizont flat pedals
ergon sm-e core L size
RS super deluxe ultimate 205x65
schwalbe eddy current.

if I die, I'm afraid that my wife will sell the bike and accessories for the price I told her the things cost :D

Ikona Overené komunitou

I

20230322_110914.jpg 20230322_120914.jpg 20230419_142645.jpg 20230419_143104.jpg received_849729969436163.jpeg received_917319576144208.jpeg received_6682108455139625.jpeg

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
Have you used this yet and if you have is it as good as the Park Tool spoke tension meter please
I've only had a quick play with it so far. Never used the park tool one, so can't do a comparison I'm afraid, but seems decent quality for £20. I'm not sure how well calibrated it is, but should be good enough for relative measurements.

valecek

Apr 20, 2023
Slovakia
ja have the same cranks with 155mm. not the best for allday adventures and routes, but perfect for bikepark and trails.

and ! they never allowed themselves again

FirstAscent

Apr 5, 2023
Portland
not what I got FOR my ebike, but the ebike itself! Ordered a Turbo Levo for my gf last week, just heard it arrived at the dealer today but they won't let me pick it up and assemble it myself, ugh! they said it could take them 3-4 days to build it (due to backlog) and it's part of their dealer agreement for them to assemble it themselves.

bittersweet day. should've just ordered direct from Specialized. I'm hoping they can get to it sooner! especially with the weekend just around the corner and showing no rain too!

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
I swore to never own a hip pack, laughing it off as another passing industry fad. But…….. after a trip to GoOutdoors with my lad and a look and try of the Camelback LR4, I’m deffo ordering one for when I’m able to ride again. It just feels right, don’t care about looks, it’s behind me 😂😂
Probably not the reason for you guys switching over to a "bum bag" (as we call them here in Oz) but was starting to get some serious sweat rash in the summer months with my back pack.
So went over the dark side with a Dakine 5lt Hot Laps, it puts all the weight lower on to your hips and keeps your back cooler, and as the say in the classics, there is no going back. Excellent product and would definitely buy another one.

FirstAscent

Apr 5, 2023
Portland
That's not much :eek: Where is this going? I'm running 160mm cranks and thought these were already very short. Soon we'll need more powerful motors, or shorter legs...
I run 165mm cranks on my regular pedal bikes and I'm 6' tall. me personally I have no issues with the 160 cranks on my emtb especially with the support of the motor, I've also ran it unassisted and it felt ok. I'm sure I wouldn't mind 155mm as well, that's what the motor is there for haha I haven't even ran it above 60% power either

Of course, it's all personal preference

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I've only had a quick play with it so far. Never used the park tool one, so can't do a comparison I'm afraid, but seems decent quality for £20. I'm not sure how well calibrated it is, but should be good enough for relative measurements.
Nice one, thanks for the feedback mate 🙏

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
Bit of a spending spree on the rear end. Spent ages deciding on hub colour, does look better than in the pics.
Gone for Schwalbe as maxxis wear out too quick, hope it’ll be as good as it’s claimed to be?
View attachment 112321
In my personal experience I've found whilst maxxis wearing out if you get the softer compound the ride feel is just so much better than schwalbe, but that's just my opinion

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles