What did you buy your ebike this week?

Oded

Jul 27, 2020
Israel
Well…its a boring saturday evening here in Brazil so I bought myself:
A brand new Cube stereo hybrid 160 race 😃
To be waiting for me in Manchester next month when I arrive for a few weeks visit to my daughter.
Next, am going to buy badges of a few sites from the UK to sew onto my bike bag.
Do you intend to fly the bike back to Brazil? How do you ship the battery?

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Yes, I will fly the bike and send the batterie by some freighter still unknown 😬
There are sellers on ebay that ship it, so I think its possible.
Last time I did this I ordered a batterie before the trip and took the invoice and original box with me, so it was ok to send the batterie (that came in the bike) on the original box and with an invoice.
This time though, I could not buy the batterie for the cube 160 because neither cube nor the shop have answered me if it is the “horizontal or vertical” model that I should order.

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
This time though, I could not buy the batterie for the cube 160 because neither cube nor the shop have answered me if it is the “horizontal or vertical” model that I should order.
[/QUOTE]

You should be able to see this yourself 🤘

akku-powertube.jpg

Beaker2135

Subscriber
May 13, 2021
Cumbria
VOLspeed V4 & BikeTrax
Not much space for all the wiring, battery and modules on a Gen2 but I shoehorned it all in.
I piggybacked the VOLspeed off the display and speed sensor as normal, then made up a lead to plug the BikeTrax into the front light output

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I get the impression a fair few folk on here are retired/semi retired with time on their hands to go riding. The kids with all the energy & stamina but none of the money are busy tailwhipping & backflipping in the woods on their normy Halfords bikes.

And then there's the likes of me, working full time & on the hook for childcare who has to squeeze in a ride where they can. And that's before you consider living in the UK where it pisses with rain 364 days of the year. I can easily see why some guys don't rack up the miles llike others.

Anyway, I bought a tire. No pics, you all know what a tire looks like. 😊

Last edited:

Ushtang

Sep 14, 2020
USA
I get the impression a fair few folk on here are retired/semi retired with time on their hands to go riding. The kids with all the energy & stamina but none of the money are busy tailwhipping & backflipping in the woods on their normy Halfords bikes.

And then there's the likes of me, working full time & on the hook for childcare who has to squeeze in a ride where they can. And that's before you consider living in the UK where it pisses with rain 364 days of the year. I can easily see why some guys don't rack up the miles llike others.

Same for me. My career does not give me the type of work-life balance I wish I had and that's part of the reason I got an ebike. An ebike allows me to cover more distance in the short time I do get to ride. So in 2 years of ownership I've only done close to 200 miles of riding and my cassette is pretty beat up like I put on 1000 miles instead. LOL maybe I need to work on shifting gears better.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Saddle, bars, stem, grips and pedals for the new Canyon Spectral:ON CFR I'm about to pull the trigger on once Canyon makes them available in the US. Can't understand why they don't sale as many new model options in the US as the rest of the world?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
YT also has a mere fraction of the number of available bike models Canyon does.
Ultimately direct sales Euro brands selling you guys bikes = less profit

Repsol

Dec 25, 2021
Yorkshire
Got another 700wh spare battery and a XLC E-Bike Rucksack BA-S94. The rucksack I think is well over priced for what it is. The Gen 3 battery is a very tight fit even without the bash guard.

Last edited:

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
28A6B873-849E-402A-BC49-0BFEA2C4AD1E.png

Got these to fit my Sram Eagle X01 rear mech, I sadly wasn’t impressed with the Uberbike jockey wheels as they kept skipping off the bottom wheel…….these appear to be of good quality and the 14t wheel is rotation specific ! Never seen that before on a jockey wheel.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Not technically bought most as was covered under warranty, but this week my bike acquired:

New Motor
New TCU
New HMI
New Power cable
New Cassette
New Chain
New Chainring
New Jockey wheels
New Bearings
New Freehub
Fresh Sealant
Schrader Valves
New Brake Pads

My garage acquired:

New Tools!

:D

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada

I work six days a week, have three kids, two do jiu jitsu three times a week, son races motocross competitively and rides a few times a week.

I still manage to get out on my bike a few times a week. Early morning rides and night rides late in the evening are awesome….lol

it almost feels weird when I have “free time”…..lol

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
A 35mm 10 degree rise funn stem for my s5 Levo. The reach was a tad too long with the stock stem but so far this feels much better.

20220410_200347.jpg

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Keep an eye on that. I put a Funn on mine & find the bolts work loose regularly.

Reactions: iXi

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
Vorsprung Smashpot coil for the Lyrik forks. (50lb)
Vorsprung Tractive Tune & Springdex Coil for the rear shock to have a bit of flexibility with the spring rate for easy changing for the different types of trails hit throughout the day...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles