Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
A MASSIVE ugly battery

Shimano-BT-E8016-2-ac506b2.jpg

and OMG! is it heavy!

View attachment 84870
Heavy they are, and slick
I suggest to always wear shin pads when installing or removing those…

Peter1979

Jun 7, 2021
South West uk
PXL_20220323_142256090.MP.jpg

Shimano saint front and rear to replace the shit SRAM code R brakes that have been a constant pain.
Started to fit them on Sunday. Having a Whyte e180 this meant having to drop the motor and route the cable through the housing. 4 days later it's still not finished, I have covid and I can barely think about putting the front brake on. I really should have paid the £100 quid I was quoted to get a shop to fit them 🤣

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
My rear brake had a 180mm rotor, twin pot and resin pads. There are a couple of long, steep rowdy washed out black tracks that had the rear rotor changing color. I swapped out the rotor to a 203. Then had an even longer daily descent while away for a week in Maydena - I've just bought a shimano 520 caliper (great budget 4 pot) with steel pads. I have a 520 on the front standard. I also have a new rotor for the front that is metal pad compatible. So I'll have 4 pot brakes with metal pads and compatible rotors all round.

Also just received a shimano rd-8100 derailer as a spare. I had a spare but bent up the original while in Derby.

Also 😂 , bought a guide for re aligning bent hangers. Used this before replacing the derailer - the hanger was quite bent. I do carry a spare hanger but it is really to use if I'm a long way from home.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I really should have paid the £100 quid I was quoted to get a shop to fit them 🤣
Well your post might save someone else from grief :). I need to swap out a caliper - but I hope to leave the existing cable in place and just bleed again when the new caliper is on :rolleyes:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Also had to take advantage of 20% off sale :)
Haha 😂
That's still gotta have cost you close to £500 on chains.
10 full drivetrains costs me less than that (NW chainring, 10 spd Cassette & chain)
and each generally lasts somewhere between 4-6000miles

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
Haha 😂
That's still gotta have cost you close to £500 on chains.
10 full drivetrains costs me less than that (NW chainring, 10 spd Cassette & chain)
and each generally lasts somewhere between 4-6000miles
Actually going to sell 2 to my brother. The remaining chains should last me over 2 years for 2 Emtb’s. I only ride 5k miles a year split between 3 bikes.

Been using a 3 year old oil slick Xx1 cassette transferred over from my Spec enduro. It’s been on the Levo for 11 months. I still have the brand new Xx1 that came with my Levo an plan to use it towards the end of this year.

If all goes to plan I will not need a chain/cassette until it’s time for me to buy a Gen 4 Levo.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles