Oct 13, 2018
UK
tempImage7roKx1.jpg

This lovely Ohlins RXF 36 m.2 air fork

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
i bought a bike maintainence stand for £20 from lidl ;-)

View attachment 57109

Must say, now that I've unboxed the stand and put it together, the quality of it for less than £20 is fantastic. Easily holds my bike, simple to lift the top tube onto the clasp, rest it in place and do the clasp up. Only a little movement of the bike when everything is tightened up. Lidl do have some amazing offers occasionaly and this is up there with the best value & quality. Thought I'd be spending all evening with a spanner putting it together but it was less than a five minute job

I also bought their track pump & mini pump (to live in the rucksack). Again, amazing value. I didn't actually need these items but just bought them as they're so cheap! I'd already bought my gf the track pump on Saturday so knew it was good quality, so grabbed another this evening whilst they're still in stock

matt_thebeard

Dec 4, 2020
south wales
Must say, now that I've unboxed the stand and put it together, the quality of it for less than £20 is fantastic. Easily holds my bike, simple to lift the top tube onto the clasp, rest it in place and do the clasp up. Only a little movement of the bike when everything is tightened up. Lidl do have some amazing offers occasionaly and this is up there with the best value & quality. Thought I'd be spending all evening with a spanner putting it together but it was less than a five minute job

I also bought their track pump & mini pump (to live in the rucksack). Again, amazing value. I didn't actually need these items but just bought them as they're so cheap! I'd already bought my gf the track pump on Saturday so knew it was good quality, so grabbed another this evening whilst they're still in stock
yup for £20 thats a bargain all day long isnt it i also bought the floor rack for two bikes gona bolt it to the floor of the van - purchase win

penguinni

E*POWAH Snack Master
Subscriber
Jun 22, 2020
Bangor, N Ireland

Planckus

Jan 21, 2021
Denmark
What tyres did you replace? I have a set of the Barzos which came with my bike but I immediately replaced them with WTB Vigilantes which will probably need replaced soon so Im interested in your thoughts on the Barzos.
Well had Schwalbe Nobbys on, that replaced a pair of Smart Sams (awful) that came with the bike. I wanted something with less Rolling resistance, and still be a good rubber for the trails. There isn’t a lot in stock anywhere, so some reviews later, I settled on these. I am super happy with the 2.0 compound, and will buy them again. They have amazing grip on the trails, and when cornering hard, the just keep biting more and more. They do have a downside that i haven’t fully figured out yet, and that is when you hit roots hard with the rear wheel, they react/deflect differently than any other tyre I have had. I don’t know how to explain it, but I am slowly getting the hang of it. Deep mud isn’t a favourite either, and somehow the dirt settle between the knops longer than the old nobbys. Everything else is a 10 out of 10 experience, and from spring to late fall, they are now my goto rubber. Another thing: I really think you would need to work hard at getting a puncture - they feel extremely solid for an XC/trail rubber! In short: I take these over any Schwalbe for spring/summer/fall, and will buy again for sure, but Nobbys still rule the mud.
Feel free to ask anything specific if needed!

penguinni

E*POWAH Snack Master
Subscriber
Jun 22, 2020
Bangor, N Ireland
Well had Schwalbe Nobbys on, that replaced a pair of Smart Sams (awful) that came with the bike. I wanted something with less Rolling resistance, and still be a good rubber for the trails. There isn’t a lot in stock anywhere, so some reviews later, I settled on these. I am super happy with the 2.0 compound, and will buy them again. They have amazing grip on the trails, and when cornering hard, the just keep biting more and more. They do have a downside that i haven’t fully figured out yet, and that is when you hit roots hard with the rear wheel, they react/deflect differently than any other tyre I have had. I don’t know how to explain it, but I am slowly getting the hang of it. Deep mud isn’t a favourite either, and somehow the dirt settle between the knops longer than the old nobbys. Everything else is a 10 out of 10 experience, and from spring to late fall, they are now my goto rubber. Another thing: I really think you would need to work hard at getting a puncture - they feel extremely solid for an XC/trail rubber! In short: I take these over any Schwalbe for spring/summer/fall, and will buy again for sure, but Nobbys still rule the mud.
Feel free to ask anything specific if needed!
Thanks Planckus. I think I just might put them on when Im changing my fork. Take care.

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Ordered these about 6 weeks ago. Picked up yesterday and the timing couldn’t have been better. Chain-suck started a few days ago. Still looking for the stickers. Also, my lame hidden sticker collection. I haven’t got the fetish yet but I’m trying. (…or learning).

View attachment 56699

View attachment 56700
I've had a sticker fetish for many years. I always ask for shop stickers in the comments section when I order stuff. And feel let down when I buy new Vault peds and don't get a sticker.

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
Thanks to recommendations this arrived today, oh and I know it’s a bit extravagant but so did the apple watch, I did order the strap to match my bike, to be fair my Son broke his so I gave him my 4 and kept the 6 for me.

7CFD1595-DF7D-4692-8C06-F8D4192F68DF.jpeg

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Thanks to recommendations this arrived today, oh and I know it’s a bit extravagant but so did the apple watch, I did order the strap to match my bike, to be fair my Son broke his so I gave him my 4 and kept the 6 for me.

View attachment 57298
I have the same, seems well built and works well. I'd be curious if anyone has ever tested it for accuracy against a well known digital version.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles