What did you buy your ebike this week?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Endura MT500 Spray trousers for when it’s only damp out and the Dirtsuit is overkill, Endura MT500 Thermal Jersey for those chilly but dry spring rides, Endura MTR Spray Pullover for those summer showers, Ricoh D3O inserts to replace the fucking horrible Koroyd inserts in my cheap as chips MT500 knee pads, a 32mm socket for the Bosch chain ring locknut and finally some cheap arse ally jockey wheels to replace the ninja throwing stars currently fitted to my mech... :oops:
IMG_2381.jpg

They don’t make stuff that lasts anymore, they’ve only done about 1500 miles... :ROFLMAO:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Ordered these about 6 weeks ago. Picked up yesterday and the timing couldn’t have been better. Chain-suck started a few days ago. Still looking for the stickers. Also, my lame hidden sticker collection. I haven’t got the fetish yet but I’m trying. (…or learning).

View attachment 56699

View attachment 56700

I see a R3pro sticker. Good man, that’s my mate’s company (y)

Varaxis

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2018
California, USA
Never appreciated the subtle manufacturing quality of the Wellgo MG-1 (Taiwan-made) was until I saw those Chinese rip-offs.

max_Wellgo_MG1_review_3A_580487.jpg

===================

I pulled off my worn-out Assegai DH off the rear and decided to see how Tannis Armour + standard butyl tube + old tire from my stack (Mountain King Protection 2.4) would work as an alternative over an Eddy Current Front 2.4 (which I'd mount on the rear).

Lesson for the future: I could maybe try rehydrating the sealant, by adding water every so often rather than just straight sealant (Muc-Off No Hassle sealant, about 4x 200mL injections over a year without cleaning out).

CFdAf6n.jpg
OsqFTHl.jpeg

Yea, I still run i21 rims. If it still works, why change? It's an amusing exercise to get tires on, since I need to forcibly push the bead into the center drop channel if the other side is occupying it, all while keeping tension on the tire to prevent it from coming undone.

VODBvrJ.jpeg

The idea is that the tube is protected from pointy stuff by virtue of thick material.

RBJK4EW.jpeg

My shameful hoard of shitty fast-rolling tires that I wasted money on due to my self-conscious lack of pedaling capability... shameful because there are about 5 layers of these. $2000+ spent/rotting in this box.

VhyKLp3.jpg

Oh, and I got some discobrake pads, 4 pairs of semi-metallic. Going through brake pads surprisingly quick. Usually can go up to 1 year for the rear and 2x that for the front, but I guess I've been preferring terrain that challenges my ability and courage lately. 3 Shimano G01S brake pad sets since I put on that Assegai DH, which I figure is 2x faster wear than usual. Guess that I'm reminded that my brake pads last longer when I'm more familiar with my routes; when I'm adventuring/exploring, I'm a bit more cautious.

I consider brake pads a performance item that's worth spending money on, but Shimano pads are $16. Not adventurous enough to spend $3 on no-name eBay ones that I suspect might lose brake power under certain circumstances, but I remembered discobrake being a reputable brand and watched SickBiker's review.

Last edited:

coderdan

Mar 8, 2021
Washington
Going to throw a recommendation here since I keep seeing pumps coming up. I got one of these ryobi inflators and it hasn't let me down with seating tubeless tires, just set the psi and let it do its thing. There's versions for every brand so if you already got the batteries they're a pretty good deal since you can get one for about 30 bucks.

The one I got, goes up to 150psi in 1 psi increments.
1616697723946.png

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I had to buy brake pads today and then fit a new calliper to replace the one that had seized. I’m glad I didn’t sell the 4 pots off my Powerfly when I warrantied it now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles