What did you buy your ebike this week?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Yeah they are LOVELY! Almost can't stop staring at them... Pic's don't really do them justice.
I hear ya. Mine just arrived!! :love: It even came with a packet of lollies. :giggle:

I got the Sam Hill edition Horizon stem...
Nukeproof Stem.png

... but I just went for the standard Horizon riserbar because the Sam Hill logo on the bars was a bit too big for my liking. I think they're the same, unless Sam had special up-sweep and back-sweep angles built into his signature bars. Anyway, I'm really stoked!

Nukeproof Horizon.jpg

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Off to get some frame-protecting stickers now. I was quite shocked to see the damage that cable-rub can do to a bike. I mean literally sawing your bike in half in some cases ?
0CB20326-9014-4C2F-85C1-252C18270FEF.jpeg
A789B43F-ACC8-4EAF-A952-94FA994A4E62.jpeg
BDFF713C-E1AA-4D65-81E2-781075FBD2AE.jpeg

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Why do thieves bother to carry bolt croppers or angle grinders? Surely they just need to rub a small piece of cable on your lock and they will be off with your bike in seconds ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Off to get some frame-protecting stickers now. I was quite shocked to see the damage that cable-rub can do to a bike. I mean literally sawing your bike in half in some cases ? View attachment 20397 View attachment 20398 View attachment 20399
I'm surprised you have that much rub on your bottom bracket . It's a hard tail isn't it ? So shouldn't really be moving around - is it not clipped in somewhere correctly ? Still looks like quite a gouge for a cable, I think I'd also sheath the cable at that point with something soft and rubbery. Similarly with the cables at the front.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I'm surprised you have that much rub on your bottom bracket . It's a hard tail isn't it ? So shouldn't really be moving around - is it not clipped in somewhere correctly ? Still looks like quite a gouge for a cable, I think I'd also sheath the cable at that point with something soft and rubbery. Similarly with the cables at the front.

Those were just google images which show Some of the worst cases. Mine is just a very slight abrasion from the front brake cable. I’ve got clear scotch on it now until I can get some proper stickers later on today.
30CDA2A2-074D-44DA-AD1C-1838DB3AFB7C.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You might want to look at how you have your cables setup, you can normally position them so they're not touching the frame with a bit of "jiggling" .... There are proper sheaths which slide over the cables to protect the bike for the times it seems unavoidable....

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Just ordered 12 speed Slx derailleur and Xt shifter for the Trance to replace the Eagle NX and GX variants that I cant make work to my liking. If the 12 speed shimano, is as unhappy with me as the 12 speed eagle has been... all my bikes will be 11 speeds soon.

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
I hear ya. Mine just arrived!! :love: It even came with a packet of lollies. :giggle:

I got the Sam Hill edition Horizon stem...
View attachment 20369

... but I just went for the standard Horizon riserbar because the Sam Hill logo on the bars was a bit too big for my liking. I think they're the same, unless Sam had special up-sweep and back-sweep angles built into his signature bars. Anyway, I'm really stoked!

View attachment 20368
Ohhh SWEET! :D

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
Ohhh So it's happy new avatar day again I see Zim? ;)

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
After years on an analogue mountain bike and everyone ringing their bell at me to get out of the way, the tables have now turned and it is indeed payback time ?

FABF22DA-49A4-43C3-86B6-49A05D267916.jpeg

Be afraid! The “entry level” hardtail emtb is coming to get you

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Got these with my o-synce multiremote for BLEvo. See behind you cycling glasses that will freak people out because they look like Google Glass or some spy camera gizmo.

It's just a mirror and it works very well. I thought I'd only use it on my street bike but maybe useful on trails to maintain visuals on your mates without having to turn your head & then launch off piste into a tree.

TriEye MAX selbsttönend

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 7.29.48 pm.jpg

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
After years on an analogue mountain bike and everyone ringing their bell at me to get out of the way, the tables have now turned and it is indeed payback time ?

View attachment 20461

Be afraid! The “entry level” hardtail emtb is coming to get you

That's the Knog Oi isn't it, How do you find it ? I need a bell as the amount of walkers and analogue bikers I catch and have to pass is substantial.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
That's the Knog Oi isn't it, How do you find it ? I need a bell as the amount of walkers and analogue bikers I catch and have to pass is substantial.

Yeah that’s the one. It looks well made and you hardly notice it on the bike. I got the all black version and have black handlebars so the bell looks almost invisible.
In the box is an Allen key and various spacers so you can attach it on any part of the handlebar. The width of the bell is very narrow so it hardly takes up any space at all. Expensive but looks a quality item. It’s the “Apple iPhone” of bells ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Do kit and clothing purchases count here?
if so, A pair of Nukeproof blackline trail riding trousers.
MG_3926-768x512.jpg

Lightweight, tapered, stretchy (but phew.. not skinny jeans fit), breathable and water/rain resistant. (not water proof but DWR coated and fast drying polyester)

Oh... and a quart of Stans sealant after discovering the cheap Decathlon sealant I'd bought because it was handy and cheap (£7.99 for 500ml) doesn't actually seal holes ;)

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
I bought a Muddy Fox MTB jacket for £22 from sports direct at the weekend, seems fine for the price. I will need to get some trousers before too long, will take a look at those nukeproofs.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I bought a Muddy Fox MTB jacket for £22 from sports direct at the weekend, seems fine for the price. I will need to get some trousers before too long, will take a look at those nukeproofs.

If you're ordering online, styling is slim and the sizing chart is pretty much spot on. (I have 34W and medium)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles