What did you buy your ebike this week?

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Bled my rear brake and fitted some Uber Bike E-Matrix pads yesterday.
First ride today with them, my my there's some uber braking power o_O

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
An aerosol can of Muc-Off Silicone Shine.

(It's good enough for Rob, so it's good enough for me).

Edit: Hmm, I posted a link from Amazon, but it just displays as white space and is therefore invisible. Anyway, you have enough info to find it yourself! :)

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
New Fox hardware kit for my RS Monarch RT. Did the DU bushings too. Original hardware had more play than a hotdog in a hallway.?

F23B8498-662A-458C-B16A-493662374C13.jpeg

Roger20

Mar 6, 2020
West Yorkshire UK
Bled my rear brake and fitted some Uber Bike E-Matrix pads yesterday.
First ride today with them, my my there's some uber braking power o_O
Would be interested to hear what you think of them. Just fitted a pair to the front and they do seem to be more powerful than the OE SRAM. However despite bedding them in properly and aligning the caliper they make a dreadful noise when they get really hot on a steep downhill. As soon as they are wet, again very noisy. Has anyone with SRAM brakes found quiet and powerful pads?

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
Would be interested to hear what you think of them. Just fitted a pair to the front and they do seem to be more powerful than the OE SRAM. However despite bedding them in properly and aligning the caliper they make a dreadful noise when they get really hot on a steep downhill. As soon as they are wet, again very noisy. Has anyone with SRAM brakes found quiet and powerful pads?

I'm using Truckerco metallic pads and they're great - and quiet!

Cubie

Feb 19, 2020
Fife, Scotland
Standard SRAM sintered ones are silent if you have them perfectly aligned, tiny bit out and they squeal. Only time I get a squeal is the first press after they’ve gotten wet.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Well now.

Oneup 35mm carbon bars, 35mm clamp for the Shimano display on order

Used 223mm Galfer rotor that came with 2 sets of Galfer Pro pads and then got a matching 203 for the rear because mismatched rotors is just wrong

2.6 Magic Mary for the front and 2.6 Vittoria Martello for the back because I don't care about matching tyres so much. Couple of rides in the Martello, liking it so far

200mm C1 Reverb. Won't go in far enough, bah, but booked in at Enigma for a good old fashioned reaming in a few weeks.

Waiting on a Megneg for the shock to show up.

Motor has just gone back to Madison with the good old torque sensor fault, got a new set of bearings to do in the meantime.

Will likely get the new Debonair airspring upgrade kit for the forks when in comes out.

Hopefully that's it for a while, it's been a bit spendy....

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Just pulled the pin on a Smashpot coil conversion for the Yari on my Decoy, having fitted a coil shock, it was really showing the fork up, review to follow soon on the YT forum ?
I hope you're upgrading the damper as well! :eek:

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Cheers Dom, that's the seller I ordered from, just waiting for it to turn up. They sold out of the right size while I was umming and aahing and then one appeared on the listing so I nabbed it, might have been a return.

BTW, did you establish if your rotor is warped?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have been running the Uber E-Matrix on my Guide RE's, with 223mm Galfer rotor, and they have been quiet, and also really liking the feel of them - I do spend a lot of time bedding in my pads though, as I have found in the past doing a good job on the bed g in makes a big difference to long term noise/performance issues.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Cheers Dom, that's the seller I ordered from, just waiting for it to turn up. They sold out of the right size while I was umming and aahing and then one appeared on the listing so I nabbed it, might have been a return.

BTW, did you establish if your rotor is warped?
He's not finally broken something has he ?? It's long overdue !!! :cool::p?‍♂️????????????‍♀️⛔?♂?‍☠️??

So so many smileys ...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Well now.

Oneup 35mm carbon bars, 35mm clamp for the Shimano display on order

Used 223mm Galfer rotor that came with 2 sets of Galfer Pro pads and then got a matching 203 for the rear because mismatched rotors is just wrong

2.6 Magic Mary for the front and 2.6 Vittoria Martello for the back because I don't care about matching tyres so much. Couple of rides in the Martello, liking it so far

200mm C1 Reverb. Won't go in far enough, bah, but booked in at Enigma for a good old fashioned reaming in a few weeks.

Waiting on a Megneg for the shock to show up.

Motor has just gone back to Madison with the good old torque sensor fault, got a new set of bearings to do in the meantime.

Will likely get the new Debonair airspring upgrade kit for the forks when in comes out.

Hopefully that's it for a while, it's been a bit spendy....
You will love the Meg Neg, been running one on mine for about 6 months now, big improvement in mid stroke support, and response.

How much for the reaming?

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
You will love the Meg Neg, been running one on mine for about 6 months now, big improvement in mid stroke support, and response.

How much for the reaming?
Well, sweet cheeks, since you asked so nicely....

They have a minimum charge of £40 plus VAT which is a bit steep for a 10 minute job. Mate needs his doing too so they said they'll do them both at the same time for that price which I'm happy with

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles