What apps are you running on your Garmin Edge?

KlaasNorg

Jul 22, 2021
Netherlands
I was wondering what apps everyone uses on their Garmin Edge.

I use the E-bike Edge multifield. Like it a bit more then the Ebike Field app. And I am using the trailforks and Komoot app.

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
Got a 130 Plus which was the cheapest i found that connected with ANT. It's great, giving an instant connection to the Trance and shows battery % precisely with EBike field

The only error it has is trying to match its 6 power levels with the 5 on the Giant.

IMG_20211229_105253380_HDR.jpg

microfiz

Dec 31, 2020
Alameda CA
Got a 130 Plus which was the cheapest i found that connected with ANT. It's great, giving an instant connection to the Trance and shows battery % precisely with EBike field

The only error it has is trying to match its 6 power levels with the 5 on the Giant.

View attachment 79101
Do you know if a regular 130 would work? And how exactly does the Ebike field work? I download the app on my desktop and "flash" the Garmin?

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Do you know if a regular 130 would work? And how exactly does the Ebike field work? I download the app on my desktop and "flash" the Garmin?
It's a ConnectIQ field. I'm not sure how you'd use it on a desktop machine, but with your Garmin phone app you'd download it, synch to the 130, and then on the Edge you add the field from the ConnectIQ portion of the field menu.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
This is not exactly on point, but I just picked up a Fenix 6 Garmin watch at a good discount, updated the firmware, and noticed Garmin has added an emtb app to to activities list. I will try it today with my 2021 Trance x.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
The Fenix 6 connects easy enough. Field data from the bike that appear accurate are cadence, speed, battery %, & assistance mode. Assistance mode seems to display (mode +1).

As when paired with an Edge 830, the bikes power meter sensor data from Giant is present, but not useful. For now, I do not connect the power meter sensor; in my opinion, no data is better than bad data. I am seeking the solution to this. For me, the power meter sensor, is the only data that's value added... so of course its the one not working nicely.

I can't figure out if the Fenix is a cycling computer that's also a fitness watch, or a fitness watch, that's also a cycling computer. Its huge.

20220127_113303.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles