What 27.5plus rear wheel/rim?

Russell

Dec 16, 2018
Iow
My slx hub bearings have gone and will need replacing soon. What's a good rim around 40mm and hub with cartridge bearings? I would prefer getting a ready built wheel if possible.

Russell

Dec 16, 2018
Iow
I'm not bothered about noise. I just want a strong rim around 40mm and a hub preferably with a steel free hub body if that's what it's called ( the bit the cassette goes on). Also I want cartridge bearings so I can replace them easily. I know where to get bits I just need advice on what make of parts.

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
I'm not bothered about noise. I just want a strong rim around 40mm and a hub preferably with a steel free hub body if that's what it's called ( the bit the cassette goes on). Also I want cartridge bearings so I can replace them easily. I know where to get bits I just need advice on what make of parts.
On websites(like i mentioned) you can read reviews from people who bought different wheels what they think, like, dislike often a rating 1-5 stars. I have the originals 40 on my bike, cant complain with 3,300 kms they fit well with 2.8 and 3.0

Brendog78

Jun 12, 2019
Australia
Dt swiss wheels have served me well over the years. They have a hybrid range for ebikes, if I were building a wheel set I would probably use there 350 hubs and 35mm rims which are plenty big enough for plus size tyres.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles