Well... that sucks. Scaphoid troubles...

S13

Mar 1, 2021
NL
So it WAS a broken scaphoid after all... Got surgery last monday. They screwed a pin in.
I broke it last november, so yeah, imagine the pain all that time. They thought it was just sprained.
Finally some relief thank god...

What is cool though, is that i now get to play around with these nice medical images. I have my hand in MRI and CT. If anyone wants to know what a broken scaphoid looks like, here is mine in 3D:

Screenshot-2.png

Screenshot-3.png

Screenshot-4.png

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
So it WAS a broken scaphoid after all... Got surgery last monday. They screwed a pin in.
I broke it last november, so yeah, imagine the pain all that time. They thought it was just sprained.

What is cool though, is that i now get to play around with these nice medical images. I have my hand in MRI and CT. If anyone wants to know what a broken scaphoid looks like, here is mine in 3D:

Screenshot-2.png

Screenshot-3.png

Screenshot-4.png

Broke my scaphoid four weeks ago, been in a cast since. Had an appointment today where I was optimistic the cast would come off and I could drive again, and more importantly get back on the saddle. No chance. A fresh cast and another three weeks until my next appointment.

Pissedoff.com

S13

Mar 1, 2021
NL
Hope your one heals at least! A cast isnt convenient either, but at least you could have a chance for proper repair.

I didnt have any cast for 8 months. Also the upper part is necrotic now because blood supply got interrupted. Well who needs bones anyway right? :ROFLMAO:

S13

Mar 1, 2021
NL
Btw, did you get a CT scan?
Or how did they diagnose your broken scaphoid?

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
I ‘cracked’ my wrist a couple of months ago.. went for an X-ray but wasn’t A&E so I walked away as was busy….

Hurt for weeks on certain movements. Seemed to get better but last week I picked something up (it was bloody heavy) and it went again.

Not that side but the other. I know exactly where it is but thought maybe ligament damage.

I’ve broken quite a few bones so know the feeling. This makes me thinks I’ve done the other side.

6970934F-1AE4-4EE0-8FAF-3D6BA8C0399D.jpeg

Best get it properly checked out ??‍♂️

Last edited:

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
If it still bothers you in a few months, a sports doc I know did an experimental treatment on my wrist/scaphoid area with Synvisc, which is usually used on knees. Worked well for me and greatly reduced the residual pain and immobility. Haven't needed another shot since. YMMV.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Btw, did you get a CT scan?
Or how did they diagnose your broken scaphoid?

It was my chest / ribs that took the impact at the time so didn’t think too much about my aching hand. The next day though when I couldn’t move or get out of bed, my other half drove me to A&E where I was X-rayed and broken scaphoid & metacarpal were confirmed

S13

Mar 1, 2021
NL
It was my chest / ribs that took the impact at the time so didn’t think too much about my aching hand. The next day though when I couldn’t move or get out of bed, my other half drove me to A&E where I was X-rayed and broken scaphoid & metacarpal were confirmed

ah then you got lucky! Scaphoid fractures dont always show up on X-ray. Mine didnt anyway (i got an X-ray too the day after the injury, they misdiagnosed, thinking it was not broken, and it took me months to get an MRI and CT).

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.

Screenshot-2.png

Screenshot-3.png

Screenshot-4.png

I suspect the pain may be coming from that red arrow sticking in your wrist!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles