Weird bike number when connected to ride control app

dee6567

Oct 25, 2020
Uk
Hi
I have a couple of question marks where numbers are missing when I connect the ride control app. Has anyone had this before as am totally baffled and have tried everything uninstalling and re-installing app. Removing the battery, re-installing the battery and also tried a older version of the app and still have the same issue...any help would be appreciated..I have a Giant Explorer E+2 2020.

PIC ATTACHED

Thanks

Screenshot_20210615-184427_RideControl.jpg

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
If everything else works, I don't think it's anything to be worried about (just the app using a different character encoding)

Does it change to the model of the bike once connected?

dee6567

Oct 25, 2020
Uk
If everything else works, I don't think it's anything to be worried about (just the app using a different character encoding)

Does it change to the model of the bike once connected?
It connects with no problem but at the end of the ride it does not give you the option to save the ride. Choice I either discard or resume. This is happening with a galaxy S20 ultra, so I tried with different android phones with the same result, tried with Apple phone and it connects with no problem and records the ride with correct info.
I think the problem is with Android phones.
It was fine until yesterday. I went for a short ride of 15 miles and when I got home and tried to end my ride on the app and the only 2 options I got were discard or resume.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles