RideControl app will no longer connect to bike

Jon9

May 17, 2020
Orange/CA/USA
I downloaded the app and it worked fine. Then a month later it would not connect to the bike. I deleted the app and re-downloaded, but still won't connect. Thoughts? Solutions?

Tony.OK

Mar 20, 2019
Napier, New Zealand
I downloaded the app and it worked fine. Then a month later it would not connect to the bike. I deleted the app and re-downloaded, but still won't connect. Thoughts? Solutions?
Giant is rubbish with tech updates it seems, had same trouble with my s10 ph, app connects fine on old Nexus tablet, if you have access to older ph or tablet give that a try, be wary about any firmware updates if app suggests too, 2020 bikes are loosing auto power mode function from last firmware update.

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
The software side of things is all a bit hit and miss with Giant. I’ve found the Bluetooth connection a bit more stable with the latest update on my 19 Trance. Have you got another device you can try to connect to the bike with?

simeonherbert

May 4, 2020
UK, Epping Forest
Mine connects everytime, but if I take it for a ride (bought a great holder) when the screen goes blank, after a few seconds, it disconnects - total crap! Such a shame as their bikes are great.

Trancer

Feb 19, 2020
UK
I find switching Bluetooth off then on again on my phone (Android) makes connection easier. Same applies to my Lezyne GPS to Lezyne app connection so it's not just the Giant app which has this problem.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
A couple of times recently I have had trouble getting my 2019 Trance to connect to the app, then I found that (like Trancer above) if I switch off bluetooth on my phone then switch it on again, the bike connects instantly.

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
Mine was the same on my 2019 entrance. Clear the cache and data on your app and log back in, it will most likely ask you to allow an update and then it'll work again. Is still useless apart from changing assist levels.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles