Giant RideControl App Issues

mjbikes

Jan 17, 2022
Vancouver Island
Hi, ever since I purchased my bike I've never been able to access ebike settings within app. My bike is synced otherwise. I've got the latest update. I've tried removing battery, reinstalling app and I continue to get the 'Please Try Again' notice on that setting. I have this expensive bike and I can't even adjust the motor settings. Anyone else run into this issue and know how to resolve it? Love the bike otherwise! Cheers.
IMG_2613.PNG

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Hi, ever since I purchased my bike I've never been able to access ebike settings within app. My bike is synced otherwise. I've got the latest update. I've tried removing battery, reinstalling app and I continue to get the 'Please Try Again' notice on that setting. I have this expensive bike and I can't even adjust the motor settings. Anyone else run into this issue and know how to resolve it? Love the bike otherwise! Cheers. View attachment 80158

When I got my Trance in 2019 the old app had just been released, and the button needed to get to the motor adjustment section was greyed -out.
I took it back to the bike shop and they contacted Giant and were told to connect the bike to their computer and run their diagnostic programme.
This re-set the app and everything worked in the motor adjustment / diagnostic section but the ride recording section of the apps have never worked properly, so most people use a Garmin instead and just use the Giant app for updating and adjusting the motor settings.

lharpel1

Oct 18, 2019
Bristol
I had lots of connection issues when I have an Android phone. With an Iphone it seems to work ok. So could this be a phone issue rather than the bike ? Worth a try on another phone.

lee

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
The iPhone app has issues too. Less lately, seems it keeps improving. Needing an internet connexion is still nonsense BS.

Tourbiker

Dec 17, 2021
Netherlands
Today a new version of the app automatically installed on my phone.
IT IS GETTING EVEN WORSE !!
The previous registered bikes are disappeared in the app, it also cannot find the bikes anymore.
The good thing is, the app is now completely worthless and of no use and not able to brick your bike anymore :mad:.
The bikes still are detected by the phone however, so it is definitely an app issue.

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Just saw there was an update available (iPhone v 1.13.1), I don't use automatic updates on my phone. Not sure I'm going to try this one just yet... Thanks for the heads up.

Tourbiker

Dec 17, 2021
Netherlands
Tested today with a tablet on Android 10: it works with that, so probably it also works on older Android versions.
My phone is on Android 11, there the app fails.

It also wants to update the firmware, which I don't like to do due to briked bikes by previous updates (I trust the updates by the LBS more).
You can only bypass the update request by disabling wifi.
That means Giant didn't incorporate (yet) any of the (simple) requests posted here.

Anyone familiair with this update ? (functionality, reliability)

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
For what it’s worth, I did the app update on iOS without issue yesterday. The bike “asked" for a firmware update which was also without issue. I’m running the latest version of iOS on my iPhone, the bike is a Reign E+2 2022.

As for feature requests to Giant, I doubt very much that this forum has any impact on that.

There are updates and they do improve slightly I think. 🤞
The app isn't the reason I bought the bike in the first place, but it would be nice to see some improvements.

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
For what it’s worth, I did the app update on iOS without issue yesterday. The bike “asked" for a firmware update which was also without issue. I’m running the latest version of iOS on my iPhone, the bike is a Reign E+2 2022.

As for feature requests to Giant, I doubt very much that this forum has any impact on that.

There are updates and they do improve slightly I think. 🤞
The app isn't the reason I bought the bike in the first place, but it would be nice to see some improvements.
How do you find the bike itself im waiting for mine to be delivered

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Ever since the original app was released most problems with it seem to occur with Android devices.
Giant seem to develop it for Apple devices and push it over to Android as an afterthought.

mazin

Dec 8, 2022
Poland
I have an issue with registering in the app - it does not send verificatio0n codes while I try to confirm my email. Its not the spam issue, I check the spam folder as well. My domain address is Polish, but the app works in this language version since last year. Could anyone help please? I don't use fb, so I can't log in with facebook. I asked that at Giant's help page but they just ignored me.

Last edited:

Voexi

May 28, 2023
Switzerland
Hi, ever since I purchased my bike I've never been able to access ebike settings within app. My bike is synced otherwise. I've got the latest update. I've tried removing battery, reinstalling app and I continue to get the 'Please Try Again' notice on that setting. I have this expensive bike and I can't even adjust the motor settings. Anyone else run into this issue and know how to resolve it? Love the bike otherwise! Cheers. View attachment 80158
Is there any Fix for this?

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
You seem to have iPhone, are you running version 1.18.0 (latest)?
I am at 1.17.2, and all previous versions since 1.15 have been without issues on iPhone, Reign E+2. Sorry to hear you have problems, seems like a visit to LBS…

Voexi

May 28, 2023
Switzerland
You seem to have iPhone, are you running version 1.18.0 (latest)?
I am at 1.17.2, and all previous versions since 1.15 have been without issues on iPhone, Reign E+2. Sorry to hear you have problems, seems like a visit to LBS…
I am on the latets version 1.18.0. Is there a way to get an older version on the iPhone?

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Not from the apple app Store you can't, don't know if LBS have a way to do this? What bike do you have?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles