Waiting for YT Decoy Deliveries in San Diego!

rondre3000

Jun 15, 2021
San Diego
SoCal/San Diego rider here! I'm in the South County, East Chula Vista/Otay Ranch area.

Been eMTB curious for a while, but like a lot of riders haven't been able to demo or purchase due to such low inventory during the pandemic. Most of my regular riding buddies now have eMTB's and we don't ride together as much anymore. Was gonna go the Commencal route, then found out the Decoy was releasing again a few weeks ago. Put my pre-orders in for an MX model and 29'er.

Pre-pandemic I was a fairly regular mtb'er, averaging 750-1K miles a year. I have a decent trail system available a few miles from my front door and post work rips were also possible with a decent trail network available right outside my offices. Took a break from riding during the pandemic to focus on other hobbies, but now I'm back. Current bike is a Yeti SB130 which I absolutely LOVE. I was pretty active on MTBR and hope to learn and contribute here as I did over there.

Cheers!

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Welcome, from Orange County. I've been an eMTB'er for two weeks today, and like you, demo'ing the bike was merely riding it up and down the street. I'm totally diggin' it. So did YT get a big shipment? Isn't their office down your way?

rondre3000

Jun 15, 2021
San Diego
Welcome, from Orange County. I've been an eMTB'er for two weeks today, and like you, demo'ing the bike was merely riding it up and down the street. I'm totally diggin' it. So did YT get a big shipment? Isn't their office down your way?

Hey RustyIron - YT released a new model a few weeks ago. Really, it's the previous model but with the new EP8 Shimano motor and a few small spec differences. Geometry is the same. The YT Mill is just out of San Diego county in San Clemente.

Stuckthrottle

Jan 24, 2021
San Diego
Welcome! I'm just down the street from you @rondre3000 . I live by Terra Nova.
I had a Commencal on order since the beginning of the year that was supposed to deliver late May. A couple of weeks ago they sent an email telling everyone that all orders were getting pushed back until maybe September or something like that. I cancelled my order and then searched for something else. It sucked because I had already gathered some parts to outfit the SX Limited I was supposed to be getting, and also my mind was set on that bike.
After lots (more) browsing, youtube videos, and phone calls, I settled on an Orbea Wild. I love it. I only have two rides on her but man, it rips. Bike Bling had some in stock but the spec I wanted I had to order from Mikes Bikes in the Bay Area. It took a little over a week to get but it was worth the wait.
My original want btw, was the Decoy, since last year. By the time I decided to pull the trigger, they were no longer available from the YT Mill.

I'm sure you'll recognize the view.

PXL_20210609_004301876.MP.jpg

rondre3000

Jun 15, 2021
San Diego
Welcome! I'm just down the street from you @rondre3000 . I live by Terra Nova.
I had a Commencal on order since the beginning of the year that was supposed to deliver late May. A couple of weeks ago they sent an email telling everyone that all orders were getting pushed back until maybe September or something like that. I cancelled my order and then searched for something else. It sucked because I had already gathered some parts to outfit the SX Limited I was supposed to be getting, and also my mind was set on that bike.
After lots (more) browsing, youtube videos, and phone calls, I settled on an Orbea Wild. I love it. I only have two rides on her but man, it rips. Bike Bling had some in stock but the spec I wanted I had to order from Mikes Bikes in the Bay Area. It took a little over a week to get but it was worth the wait.
My original want btw, was the Decoy, since last year. By the time I decided to pull the trigger, they were no longer available from the YT Mill.

I'm sure you'll recognize the view.

View attachment 64440
Hey @Stuckthrottle ! I sure do recognize that view. Nice bike too! One of my buddies picked up an Orbea from Bike Bling and raves about it as well.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles