Hi from San Diego, California

studiousjr

Mar 7, 2021
n/a
Nice! A snorkel; what a good idea. I wonder if I can fit a surf board on the back. haha.

I actually contacted Scott about adding a rack and fender, but they mentioned that the Genius 930 doesn't have the holes for either.

Anybody know of a solution?

rack or fender.jpg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I actually contacted Scott about adding a rack and fender, but they mentioned that the Genius 930 doesn't have the holes for either.

If you do a search you may find some good ideas for fenders. I’m not sure about a rack though. I was just posting in the Trek area about fender options.
Cheers

studiousjr

Mar 7, 2021
n/a
Nice! A snorkel; what a good idea. I wonder if I can fit a surf board on the back. haha.

View attachment 55169
Well, the good news is I took a look at the mounting holes on the Strike and they're actually the same as what is on the Genius that I have, so maybe it's not in the literature over at Scott, but low and behold I've got the threaded holes for it:

mounting hole 1.jpg

mounting hole 2.jpg

Mounting Holes 3 and 4.jpg

studiousjr

Mar 7, 2021
n/a

View attachment 55169

I can't imagine an issue running the fender/rack on the Genius that was designed by Scott for the Strike/Axis. If anyone has any experience with this fender/rack on the Genius please let me know, but I think I'm going to buy one and try it out.

The geometry on the strike and the genius are pretty much the same. The only difference I can see that might impact the rack/fender design might be the the suspension travel on the strike at 140 compared to 150 on the Genius.

The strike comes with Rekon 29x2.6 and the Genius comes with Schwalbe Hans Dampf 29x2.6. I don't think the Schwalbies having taller nobs would interfere with the fender...but we'll see...

Fender Rack Part number 280311.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles