Hello from Romania and I'm waiting for YT Decoy Base!

Sorinok

May 24, 2019
Romania
It's my first E-MTB, and so far I have owned YT Jeffsy 29 ", YT Capra 29", which I am very pleased with, but just wanting to evolve.
How did I get to buy E-MTB?
I did a test drive with E-MTB for a few hours and I fell in love instantly. I'm a rider who likes to climb a lot, I'm good at the physical condition and yet when I see how intense an E-MTB tour can be even on the climb ..... I said, I have to buy it!
The decision to buy a certain brand was relieved by the launch of the new YT Decoy, having a very good experience with YT, knowing very well what bikes they do ... it took me a few hours to decide what to buy.
I stayed more at the choice of the model, unfortunately I'm not good with patience, I would have bought YT DECoy CF Pro, only it was only available in August.
What am I going to change on bike YT Decoy base:
-RS RS Yari whith RS Lyrik RC2 Red Boxxer (already ordered)
- REAR Shimano SLX Derailleur with Shimano XT (already ordered)
-Rock Shox Deluxe R with RS Super Deluxe Coil, but I have some doubts about the assembly and I expect to measure exactly bushing when I get my bike. I do not know exactly how it behaves, if it's a winning use of coil shock. I sent my mail to YT, but I received a protocol response that did not help me at all, something like not putting other parts that I would lose the warranty ...

Steffen

Apr 9, 2019
Frankfurt, Germany
Do you really lose warranty when you change parts of the bike? I just got my Levo and changed quite a few parts. They where changed by my LBS and never did he mention that doing so would void my warranty.

Or is this a YT specific „problem“?

Sorinok

May 24, 2019
Romania
This problem is for Forck and Shock and just for E-MTB. At Jeffsy and Capra we changed many pieces, even asking for their opinion and were very open. Trends have changed with E-mtb, although in the @Rob Rides EMTB Review, Stefan from YT encourages customers to repair their bicycles alone, even changing the sensor ... so I understand.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles