Vitus E-Mythique LT with Bafang M510

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat

Jan 19, 2023
Ireland
Its just a prototype obviously but it looks to be engineered around the Bafang motor and battery. I think this would make Vitus the first mainstream Brand to adopt Bafang?

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Thanks for posting that video. I attended Sea Otter this weekend, and while I saw many things not shown, they showed a lot of stuff I missed. I was disappointed that the folks from Chain Reaction didn't show up, I wanted to thank them for the restaurant recommendation in Port Stewart we tried last summer.

It is always interesting who shows up and who doesn't. Santa Cruz bikes didn't have a booth, and this is local to them. First year I haven't seen them there.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The E-Mythique LT is quite interesting.

Looks like it should launch in July this year !! It's great someone mainstream has gone with Bafang. They make a huge range of motors and continue to improve on their professionalism. They seem to identify and work through a lot of issues before final launch/shipping, even it it means delaying things. This could be the start of something where more mainstream suppliers are forced to take note and might, if we and the world are lucky, begin to make motors which are better designed and with repairability in mind rather than disposability.

The bike will supposedly have 160mm at the rear and 170mm at the front.

Seat angle will match the new Canyon Strive on at 78 degrees.

Head angle is 64 degrees.

445mm chainstays and 485mm reach in large.

Bafang M510 with 95nm and a 630wh battery.

Apparently, there will be three models (VR, VRS,VRX), VRX with SRAM GX drivetrain, Rockshox ZEB/Super Deluxe combo for around £4,000 !!!

The welded motor housing is apparently done to reduce costs compared to the cast option.

Pics from BikeRadar.

1683790549588.png

1683790572869.png

1683790583947.png

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Just watched above vid then came on here to see been posted about. Looks an interesting bike

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I have a production bike. Let me know if you want to know anything!
How heavy is the bike ? (not that it's really a relevant metric as so much depends on components/tyres).

What's the build quality like ? I know they've tried to keep cost down.

How heavy is the battery and which battery have they used ?

What are the controls like ?

Are they using their own app or the bafang app and what's possible with this ?

Which cranks fit the motor (as lots of people like to change).

What's the warranty situation on the bike/motor/battery and who's dealing with what ?

How does it ride ? It looks like a stormer.

Do they do a "blinging" version so @VWsurfbum can add it to his list of potentials despite his snobbery ...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Range tests are very subjective and depend on how the modes are setup.

Unless it's someone regularly riding back to back it's easy to get hugely varying results. That's not to say that the bafang might be hugely inefficient (unlikely) or the modes are setup that well/there's no clever algorithm's for when to give power (Bosch Gen4 for example).

I think this is one of the more interesting bikes for a while which are derailleur based. Everything's got very samey and not necessarily better.

It's nice to see a possible mainstream bike which can actually be fixed and you could maybe, god forbid, keep for more than a year .. because lets face it, you're not really any faster on a new one.

Last edited:

HampshireSam

Jan 17, 2020
Hampshire
Equally as excited about this bike. Anymore information available regarding release date? Can see from Robs insta stories he's currently on one.

johnnystorm

Jun 19, 2023
Suffolk, UK
Videos and info are out there. Would be very interested to know if the motor is proprietary in any way or if any 510 would just slot in as a replacement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles