Vitus 2022 bikes out now.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Saw that vitus has released their 2022 models. Both crc and wiggle have started posting them on their site.
If you look at the geometry and the components, it seems to be the same as 2021 bike, only the color is different.

dave_uk

Nov 15, 2021
uk - Staffordshire
looks like the battery cover has not changed.

Following a rough ride yesterday - very bouncy, a major workout for the rear shock - at the end I came to remove the battery and it had already clicked off the first stay (the one opened with an allen key). It was only the second spring on the battery holding it in (the battery cover does not really hold it in on the first stay).

Further mods needed to cushion the battery in the frame if you ask me...

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
looks like the battery cover has not changed.

Following a rough ride yesterday - very bouncy, a major workout for the rear shock - at the end I came to remove the battery and it had already clicked off the first stay (the one opened with an allen key). It was only the second spring on the battery holding it in (the battery cover does not really hold it in on the first stay).

Further mods needed to cushion the battery in the frame if you ask me...

maybe vitus has not received any cases on the problem so they do not know about the problem?

However, it sounds like a problem that needs to be remedied

MadTurnip

Jan 14, 2021
Dublin, Ireland
Yeah bike looks to be very similar with a switch from DT swiss wheels to Nukeproof.
Cheaper model move away from xfusion and is using the rockshox domain fork.
With an added slap of 500 pounds / 600 eur on the midrange model.

Very happy with my 2021 E sommet. I have it a little over a year now and its as solid as a rock.
I don't have any issues with my battery cover.
Only some minor initial issues when I got it with pressurized air in the lower legs of the fork and the dropper cable was a bit tight to pull.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Yeah bike looks to be very similar with a switch from DT swiss wheels to Nukeproof.
Cheaper model move away from xfusion and is using the rockshox domain fork.
With an added slap of 500 pounds / 600 eur on the midrange model.

Very happy with my 2021 E sommet. I have it a little over a year now and its as solid as a rock.
I don't have any issues with my battery cover.
Only some minor initial issues when I got it with pressurized air in the lower legs of the fork and the dropper cable was a bit tight to pull.

yes e-sommet has always been really affordable bikes without getting a lot of cheap components.

I have a 2020 vrs and am also extremely satisfied, so it will be a while before I change.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles