Video time for the Yamaha motor... hacking it.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Last edited:

notaninfluencer

Author
Mar 18, 2019
Italy
HOT DAM !!! You guys have nailed it !! I have been waiting for this battery and programming modification. I want it now , I just visited their Italian site prodotti - Valentini Moto - abbigliamento, pantaloni, giacche, guanti, caschi, jet, integrali, cross, accessori moto, antipioggia
and sent an email for information [email protected]
🙏 thank you so much and I will share the details as I get them. 😎
yes email them, Pier luigi doesnt speak english, but his son does. So give them a little time to respond... lol

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
yes email them, Pier luigi doesnt speak english, but his son does. So give them a little time to respond... lol
notaninfluencer thank you so much for going the extra distance and sharing your discoveries here. Keep up the great work ! Cheers 😎
(email sent yesterday, thanks for the language tip)

Last edited:

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Here is an interesting development. Is this exactly the same unit project/program If you download the app you can see its has all the same adjustments.
What's up ? Have you seen this notanifluencer ?

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Ok so after further digging things have become clear as mud. I have discovered that the unit from ridewill.com linked above is actually made by eplus in Italy Yamaha PW-X3 Advanced Tuning
Ridewill is just a third party retailer. I have contacted eplus about their unit/program to find out the scoop. They claim they are the developer and retailer across the pond. I also enquired if this is the same unit that the OP posted about. I have also reached out to Pierluigi Valintine at Valintine moto to see if this unit by Eplus is what they are using. I have looked at the programing capabilities of the Eplus and it looks like it potentially is the same. I questioned Valintine about purchasing the program and was told that it won't be available for another three months. Yet the unit by Eplus is available immediately. So I'm not sure exactly what is going on as yet but will keep abreast of what I hear. 🤷‍♂️
Valentini Moto - Prato, moto nuove usate accessori ricambi, e bike, ebike, noleggio, abbigliamento, officina

Last edited:

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Eplus is the manufacturer. Same unit. Ridewill price is cheaper. Watch the video when the app is open.
I guess my biggest question is the unit from Valentini going to have more/better features. I am waiting in anticipation to hear your experience. thanks again for all the information.
Going to watch video... 😎

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Eplus is the manufacturer. Same unit. Ridewill price is cheaper. Watch the video when the app is open.
Rats I can't get past the scan phaze...

but your right about what certainly appears to be the exact screen. Here are some shots I got from the app until I was locked out.

IMG_5109.png IMG_5108.png IMG_5107.png IMG_5106.png IMG_5105.png IMG_5104.png IMG_5099.png

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Will this work with a 2022 Giant E Reign as the motor is the same bout the system is different?
As far as I can see it's for Yamaha branded bikes. In the video Valentini mentioned that the motor and bike combination was the only (yamaha) manufacturer who makes both complete as a unit, which he said was important. However I also noticed that the connectors are shown and if yours are identical, maybe but I doubt it. Check out the site they make a number of different units that fit a number of mainline brands , have a look here , it's clear as mud 🤷‍♂️

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Since I haven't had any actual experience with this unit yet there is currently one thing missing... I would Love to also have the option to hook up a throttle. Sometimes in technical sections it would be nice to be able to blip a throttle just enough to get through without suffering from pedal strikes. But then if your a pro you wouldn't have that issue right ? 😉

Sep 18, 2020
Truckee Ca
As far as I can see it's for Yamaha branded bikes. In the video Valentini mentioned that the motor and bike combination was the only (yamaha) manufacturer who makes both complete as a unit, which he said was important. However I also noticed that the connectors are shown and if yours are identical, maybe but I doubt it. Check out the site they make a number of different units that fit a number of mainline brands , have a look here , it's clear as mud 🤷‍♂️

Thanks, I’ll check into this. Giant does have their own platform for the Yamaha motor. I liked tge interface on the unit shown better than the Giants. I’m 65 and race the CES. I liked his reasoning on how to tune t vs e motor. I’ll try detuning the higher modes firdt.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Here's an update that confirms that the program is indeed made and sold by Eride. It can be purchased right now either directly from Eride or third party dealers. (I just ordered , YES !!)
Here's the response directly from them...

cheers 😎

Hi,
We are glad of your interest.

Yes, the tuning kit shown in the video is developed and sold by us at Eplus, you can find it here.

The kit consists of a chip with cables and connectors to be installed in the crankcase, and the Eplus Tuning app to be installed on the phone.

Ivan Pigino

Last edited:

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
The mystery continues... not only has the video completely disappeared off utube but everything to do with this from Valentini's involvement is gone as well, and no updates from notanifluencer...🤔

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The mystery continues... not only has the video completely disappeared off utube but everything to do with this from Valentini's involvement is gone as well, and no updates from notanifluencer...🤔
He's not been on since Thursday and isn't really very regular. Presumably won't say more until he knows more.

Maybe they were just hoping to sell someone elses product "re-badged" as there own - which is pretty common really - but it might not have been discussed/negotiated ? Or Yamaha weren't as on board as they thought/changed their minds ?

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
He's not been on since Thursday and isn't really very regular. Presumably won't say more until he knows more.

Maybe they were just hoping to sell someone elses product "re-badged" as there own - which is pretty common really - but it might not have been discussed/negotiated ? Or Yamaha weren't as on board as they thought/changed their minds ?
Ya I'm starting to think the cat was let out of the bag prematurely, emails from Valentini are no longer coming either.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles