Yamaha pwx2 motor play

Dan s

Oct 22, 2020
Oswestry
How much play is normal iv got a tiny bit of play when I hold the crank arms and push and pull. Can't feel when riding.
I have exactly the same on mine. Only done 30mile from new and noticed this yesterday. Works fine though, do you notice any creaks when riding?

ANTQNY

Oct 15, 2020
Thirteen131313
I have exactly the same on mine. Only done 30mile from new and noticed this yesterday. Works fine though, do you notice any creaks when riding?
Hi no creaks but I find when I pedal more slowly it's quite grindy once I pick up speed the grind/gritty noise goes away even when I slow back down. Its like normal road driving after being off road cleans out the motor ?

Dan s

Oct 22, 2020
Oswestry
Hi no creaks but I find when I pedal more slowly it's quite grindy once I pick up speed the grind/gritty noise goes away even when I slow back down. Its like normal road driving after being off road cleans out the motor ?
Yea I know what you mean mines the same. Be interesting to see if any others have the same experience with this motor. Hopefully it’s no big issue. Apart from this I’m loving the power delivery.

Icecoffee

Oct 16, 2020
Cornwall
I have the same motor and by the sounds of it the same thing. If you hold the crank arms in the 12 and 6 o’clock position and push and pull towards the frame I get roughly about 1/2mm of play.

300miles on this one. ??‍♂️

Darin

Nov 19, 2023
Dayton nv
How much play is normal iv got a tiny bit of play when I hold the crank arms and push and pull. Can't feel when riding.
Hello Anthony I have the pwx2 in my Haibike 8.0 dwnhll I also have slight wobble in crank axel shaft , I see everyone does , , i took mine took bike shop , it’s so minor , they also said . It would be nice to swap my pwx2 out for the pwx3 if it would drop in .

Darin

Nov 19, 2023
Dayton nv
Hello Anthony I have the pwx2 in my Haibike 8.0 dwnhll I also have slight wobble in crank axel shaft , I see everyone does , , i took mine took bike shop , it’s so minor , they also said . It would be nice to swap my pwx2 out for the pwx3 if it would drop in .
800 miles I have friend wh has same bike with 13,000 it’s ok

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles