New Yamaha PW-X3 motor

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
A really interesting update from Yamaha - I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more manufacturers using Yamaha in the future.

Definitely some real steps in the right direction with the controllers too.

SKN87

Sep 10, 2021
Japan
I like the fact that the new remote has ANT+. With the new Bosch remote I can only opt between Bosch displays. With this Yamaha remote I can select from a wide range of Displays with ANT+ connectivity.
Actually, I already own a Garmin that can be used with the new Yamaha system right away.
Also, the new display can be retrofitted with the current motor, while the Bosch remote can be used only if you buy a new bike with the new 2022 motor.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Tryed today on Giant Reign E+1!

Never tried yamaha I can only compare it with specialized Brose, I found it a little noisier but let's be clear the noise is not of various gears or clattering, only that squeak of electric motors, that clutch they make when they are under stress, so I would say promoted , the handlebar control similar to Levo is very comfortable, access to the walk is a bit cumbersome but it is only a matter of remembering the right key combination, then immediately begins to pull and rather strong. The bike can also be switched off even while racing with the handlebar control and is extremely pedalable even when switched off on a flat surface. Reached 25km / h the assistance detaches as in the brose, you hardly notice it. Already in Eco for how I use it it was set with too much assistance, I tried all the levels a bit, a lot of drive !!

Great job mum Yamaha congratulations!

SKN87

Sep 10, 2021
Japan
Tryed today on Giant Reign E+1!

Never tried yamaha I can only compare it with specialized Brose, I found it a little noisier but let's be clear the noise is not of various gears or clattering, only that squeak of electric motors, that clutch they make when they are under stress, so I would say promoted , the handlebar control similar to Levo is very comfortable, access to the walk is a bit cumbersome but it is only a matter of remembering the right key combination, then immediately begins to pull and rather strong. The bike can also be switched off even while racing with the handlebar control and is extremely pedalable even when switched off on a flat surface. Reached 25km / h the assistance detaches as in the brose, you hardly notice it. Already in Eco for how I use it it was set with too much assistance, I tried all the levels a bit, a lot of drive !!

Great job mum Yamaha congratulations!
Thanks for the review!
Seems that Yamaha has greatly improved their push assist in the last couple os years.
Also good to hear that the power cut after 25km/h is smooth.
Did you try the automatic mode? Any improments there?
You mentioned that the ECO was a bit strong. But I think you can customize this to your liking with Giant's RideControl.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
hi, I could not try the automatic because there was little time and in that test I would not have understood anything.
Sure ridecontrol will help us

dixie

Apr 16, 2019
isle of wight
I climbed up a section of rocky n washed out roots today easy...my kenevo full fat managed it once...in summer. Today on yummy pwx3 it was frozen with muddy bits...and 1st go blasted it. V happy

fa1321tx

Apr 2, 2024
Magnolia, TX
Just purchased a GasGas G Enduro 2.0 with the PW-X3 motor anyone have a parts diagram for the PX3? Hasn’t even arrived yet just like to gather up all the info I can for my records.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles