Levo Gen 2 Used LEVO Comp buying advice

J200George

Jun 14, 2020
Glasgow United Kingdom
Hi all, I’ve eventually found a used Levo comp for sale, sized S. Before I press the button there are a couple of things concerning me that I hope you could advise on.
1) The 700w battery has been snaffled by the previous owner, there’s a 500w in there I’ve no idea from whence it came or if that is warrantied.
2) if I wanted a proper 700w battery how how much would it cost?
3) the bike has done 1500km and is on its first motor. Bought new in June 2020
4) the original receipt is present but to ensure that warranty would stand am I mad to ask if the bike could be inspected by a specialized dealer and confirm that if the motor turns to mush that it’d be covered?
I know the warranty transfers to the new owner particularly with the receipt being present but I’ve no idea if the bike has been derestricted and that potentially voids the 4 year motor warranty.

5) the seller is asking £3600 and I doubt that it’s been serviced. I asked and the question avoided.

Any advice? Shag, marry, avoid?

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
The Specialized Mission Control app can tell you the battery health and amount of charges it has had .
Warranty for 2nd owner is honoured by Specialized with receipt of original purchase and bike serial number . Though you may have to pay the work shop fees .

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
A 700 w battery is £1150 from Specialized or Rutland that’s if your lucky enough to find one

I waited months for Rutland to get one in abs then paid the £1150

they hardly ever come up for sale second hand either

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Sadly yes mate

When I got my bike it had the 500 battery
I needed the 700 paid the £1150

I did sell the 500 battery the other day for £400 BUT this was totally brand new
If your 500 battery is used your be lucky if you get £300 if you find Someone that wants it

Mine was up for sale for around 3-4 month

But I recon your looking at a cost difference of around £800 if your buy a 700 and sell a 500

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I wouldn’t worry to much about the motor tho if it fails it will be replaced and your get 4 years warranty
You would need to check that it hasn’t been He restricted I believe

J200George

Jun 14, 2020
Glasgow United Kingdom
The 500 may be functionally ok for me though but if it’s been in another bike say a 2018 Levo it’s unlikely to have any warranty in itself.

living with that then there’s the issue over it being the first motor with 1500km. I need to assure myself that in the event of failure the motor gets a warranty replacement. I have read some horror stories on here where the lbs prove that the bike has be derestricted and the warranty isn’t valid.

I guess to try and mitigate that risk all I can do is ask to have the bike checked out.

that and a full service (which is probably needed) and weighing it all up you can see my concerns.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Reason I ask is I brought my Levo direct from Specialized when I asked the question about changing my brake to MT7 I was told this would potentially void the warranty UNLESS I paid them to supply and fit them

Since then I have discovers chris at Berkshire cycles in reading who is the most helpful guy ever and put it this way if my motor has a issue I will be going there

The process from him is very very simple with the motor being changed in a couple of hours while you sit having a coffee around the corner

If your close to reading I wouldn’t worry about motor / warranty issues as he is fantastic

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Well he would defo help you takes a lot of the worries and concerns away especially when it comes to warranty problems

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles