Levo Gen 3 Upgrade from CODE RS to RSC?

TomGun77

Feb 23, 2023
Norway
I'm taking delivery of a Levo Turbo Expert on Monday. It comes stock with CODE RS and I'm thinking about upgrading to RSC. Does anyone know if the calipers are the same on RS and RSC, if so will it work to only change the levers?

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
Isn't the only difference in the bite point adjustment?
The rest is exactly the same AFAIK. I am not sure this upgrade is really worth the money... I would go (as I am doing) for new brake discs and pads (Galfer) instead.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
i like the rsc lever but that bite point adjustment wheel will seize up given time. One of mine is locked with the lever all the way out and i'm ok with that, the other i had to replace

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
S= swing link ( less lever throw than direct link) Both Code RS and RSC have it.
C= contact (bite) point adjustment...........Code RSC only.
As a bove Code RSC uses pivot bearings rather than bushings for the lever.

Dont underestimate the contact point adjustment function especially if like me you like that bite point to pretty close to the bars so that downhill you can ride with finger wrapped a round the lever, in a position that would have the brake biting on Code Rs. It makes it so much quicker to apply some brake when needed.

ps The levers for left and right on the bars a re the same so on side you roll the contact point knurled knob down to move the contact point in..............and on the other side you move the knurled knob up to do the same.

j.e.

Jun 29, 2020
Germany
I love the rsc levers! You can easily repair them if something gets stuck since spare parts are easily available.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Those rsc levers are dangerous, a mate had one that if you rotated the bite point adjust, it felt like it disconnected the lever from the master cylinder and it just pulled to the bar. He found this out after it vibrated round on a decent in the alps.

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
I'm buying the Alloy and thinking of adding the RSC levers right from day one.

I've got oddly small hands, and on my fat bike with SRAM DB8s when I have them adjusted where the lever feels correct the lockup point is almost at the bar. To make them work I need to run the brakes very inboard so I don't run into my middle finger when index braking. I assume the RSC would help on a future bike.

1677622725585.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles