Kenevo Gen1 UDH compatible bike

Jason M.

May 19, 2022
RCHO STA MARG
Hello I have a 2021 Specialized Kenevo and wondering if the new Sram transmission will work on my frame. I have been doing my search and cannot find any answer.

Jason M.

May 19, 2022
RCHO STA MARG
So to test my curiosity I went ahead and bought a UDH and tried fitting it to my 2021 kenevo and its a NO go. The Hole is a bit small for the UDH to fit .

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
No but if you spaced the axs derailleur out by 2mm, used the chain and cassette from the new T then it will work
You're right and this confirm it.

"SRAM says it is not possible to use previous Eagle derailleurs because they're high-limit restricted such that they won't move outboard enough to shift into the low gears. As is often the case with bicycles, there's a low-tech solution for this high tech problem. Un-bolt your Eagle AXS rear derailleur, add a 2.5 mm spacer between the hanger and derailleur, bolt it back on. It's evolution not revolution".

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You'd have to wonder why you'd want to do this though ?

Why would you want to use the more expensive T-type cassette and chain with your existing derailleur ?

Firstly, it's a waste of money and secondly, the T-type derailleur times the gear changes to use the channels on the cassette to get smooth changes, your existing derailleur will just slam changes in whenever it wants.

The narrow wide cassette teeth maybe an improvement for longevity ? and theoretically, as all the teeth are even numbered, when shifting, the chain will maintain it's narrow wide, but without the timed changes with the T-type, is there a chance of slippage with a messy change which might dump your narrow on a wide ?

It just seems like a way of adding in all the disadvantages with no advantages or am I missing something obvious ?

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
You'd have to wonder why you'd want to do this though ?

Why would you want to use the more expensive T-type cassette and chain with your existing derailleur ?

Firstly, it's a waste of money and secondly, the T-type derailleur times the gear changes to use the channels on the cassette to get smooth changes, your existing derailleur will just slam changes in whenever it wants.

The narrow wide cassette teeth maybe an improvement for longevity ? and theoretically, as all the teeth are even numbered, when shifting, the chain will maintain it's narrow wide, but without the timed changes with the T-type, is there a chance of slippage with a messy change which might dump your narrow on a wide ?

It just seems like a way of adding in all the disadvantages with no advantages or am I missing something obvious ?
If you need a new cassette and chain then this is an option to get the better shifting.

Your listening to market speak. The derailleur has no idea where the cassette is in it's rotation and simply pauses to let the shift happen whenever it will happen. This point is always the shift ramps, same as any other cassette. It can be forced if you dump multiple gears and get out of sync, which isn't a problem on any other system. This is one reason the 42-50 on the old cassette is such a crap shoot for smooth shifting. It has to sync to the narrow wide tooth's on the 50 and jumps when it does not.

I have both the XX1 eagle and a Shimano SLX,XT,XTR combo. The shifting difference is stark. Shimano shifts faster and smoother threw the whole range.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
If you need a new cassette and chain then this is an option to get the better shifting.

Your listening to market speak. The derailleur has no idea where the cassette is in it's rotation and simply pauses to let the shift happen whenever it will happen. This point is always the shift ramps, same as any other cassette. It can be forced if you dump multiple gears and get out of sync, which isn't a problem on any other system. This is one reason the 42-50 on the old cassette is such a crap shoot for smooth shifting. It has to sync to the narrow wide tooth's on the 50 and jumps when it does not.

I have both the XX1 eagle and a Shimano SLX,XT,XTR combo. The shifting difference is stark. Shimano shifts faster and smoother threw the whole range.
OK .. so that's not just marketing speak - that's complete lies !!!

I don't have one, but I've not noticed any extra magnetic or optical sensors on the T-type, nor any obvious holes or physical anomalies on the cassettes which would indicate a magnetic position difference (hall sensor).

Crap .. Sucked in by the techo dream ! 🙃

It will be interesting to see what else is donkey poo.

Most 12 speed chainrings are probably fine .. so possibly many 11 speed .. it will be interesting to see what 11/12 speed chains work with it.

Maybe Shimano's direct mount will be udh compatible and give more options.

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
Am I going absolutely mental, or is it REALLY £250 for the T type chain?

I just can't see shops wanting many of those in the shelf myself.

Jason M.

May 19, 2022
RCHO STA MARG
I bought a UDH to see the size difference the outer diameter of the UDH is longer and wider than the standard derailleur hanger. The rear upper FSR chain stay where the hanger sits is narrower on my non-UDH frame. The only way is to find a rear upper FSR chain stay replacement. Maybe a levo or a stumpjumper ( maybe will fit? )

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles