Levo Gen 2 Tyre Pressures ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Hi Steve, you seem a very knowledgeable chap and you can save me a lot of trial and error on my tyre pressures on my Giant Trance +1 pro. I have now done just under 7000 km on South Island (NZ) dusty/loose gravel hilly sheep tracks country. I am still on the original front tyre which is a Maxxis Minion DHF Tubeless Ready, Exo 27.5 x 2.60. For some reason, they came out fitted with tubes. Front still has a tube, no punctures.
My rear tyre was a different Maxxis. (I wore two out over the 6900 km ridden to date). LBS didn't have the same tyre in stock, so I was forced to go with a Specialized Butcher Grid, 27.5 x 2.6. I had this fitted as tubeless a week ago. ( 20/02/2021)
I have a riding weight of 96 kg which includes a day backpack.
Bearing in mind I don't do jumps or wheelies at 74 years of age, but still ride faster than my wife likes, what do you reckon is a good tyre pressure as a starting point with the new rear tubeless tyre? I was running 23 psi.
What about the Maxxis which I have been running at 19 PSI.
Your advice would be appreciated.
Those seem OK to me.
If you don't already have one, buy yourself a digital tyre pressure gauge - like this one:

Try moving your pressures either way by 1-2 psi to see what happens. Once you have pressures that work for you, not them and check before every ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles