Tyre pressure sweet spot help.

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
So here it is, maybe sounds like a stupid question to some, but for me is something I always struggled with, so I'm reaching out for some advice.
What do you guys looking when trying to get the correct tyre pressures on your bikes?
When ever I think I'm getting close to the correct pressures for me, there is always something that I don't like and the feel is not right, then I have to start again.

Bike is a 2018 Kenevo with 2.6 Magic Mary Apex Soft one the front, 2.6 Maxxis Minnion DHF on the rear both tubules and I'm 105 ish kg rider with all my gear on.

If there is a correct procedure on getting the pressures right I would love to hear it :D

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
It is somewhat down to presonal preference and trial and error.
Riding conditions make a difference too
For me personally I like to keep high enough pressures that there is absolutely no squirm or sidewall folding ever even in the most extreme cornering situation and run the same pressures even in quagmire conditions. Others will reduce their pressures considerably in those conditions. Neither of us are wrong. it's just what we happen to prefer.

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Thanks Gary one's more for your advice.
Will give it another go tomorrow and see if I can get it where I like mate.
I just fitted the DHF on the back today so more to play with over the weekend.
Cheers
It is somewhat down to presonal preference and trial and error.
Riding conditions make a difference too
For me personally I like to keep high enough pressures that there is absolutely no squirm or sidewall folding ever even in the most extreme cornering situation and run the same pressures even in quagmire conditions. Others will reduce their pressures considerably in those conditions. Neither of us are wrong. it's just what we happen to prefer.

idahoskiguy

May 16, 2018
Idaho USA
I too ride and 2018 Kenevo and weigh about the same 105 kg (210 lbs) with gear but run the 27.5x2.8 Butcher Grid front and the Butcher BLK DYND rear. Have found 20 front and 22 rear to be great for most conditions, but you will need higher pressures if you are bashing hard on rocky terrain more like 28/30 or 32/35 psi.

Cheers!

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles