Post your tyre pressures here. The ultimate tyre pressure thread.

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
If it is only trail riding crank those bad boys up...30+...when it gets to the gnarly, steep tech stuff then drop down a few of the psi either end...good riders ride the higher pressures better rolling and less bottoming out on the rims...depends on rims and tyre size too but go as pumped up as you can.

Hey, 1988 is on the phone and is asking specifically for you....

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Hey, 1988 is on the phone and is asking specifically for you....

FFS . lol .
If I weighed 100 KG and was racing DH I might think about 30 PSI .
But because I am 60 KG I don`t need to . Tubeless and Cush Core I can go 18 PSI and climb like a capra ibex .More rubber on the ground when I need it .
Put 30 in my tires and I`ll be bouncing off every bump and rattling out the fillings in my teeth . As well as needing a medivac after I slide off some wet roots or rock rolls .

30 on concrete or skate park . Trails 20 . I have read enough PSI comparison and watched enough videos re to know 30 is hard for 2020 .
Maybe at a bike park with jump lines . Enduro stylee 20 - 25 more the mean PSI .

We are talkin E Bikes No ?

Last edited:

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Good riders ?
Pumping up the tires can be a recipe for disaster ! Try 30 PSI on some slippery rocks or roots .

Conditions , rider weight , tire side wall . All should be considered . Heavier rider needs more PSI to avoid bottoming out the rims .

I weigh 60 KG . Obviously a person 90 KG needs more tire pressure .
I would ride 30 PSI on the bike paths or at the skate park . On trails about 20 PSI .A wet day prolly 18 PSI .
Yeah good riders, I run mine 35+ in the dry for big jump/gaps and high speed downhill (Fort William), if the term "good riders" offends, then lets say "more accomplished".?

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
OK Boomer ...

How much do you weigh ? What type of tyres and what side walls .What speed do you hit at Fort Bill ?

That`d be more helpful and insightful to others than the dick measuring you are doing ATM ...

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
NEWS FLASH:
A Heavier/faster rider/gnarlier terrain requires more supportive tyres. ie. higher pressures. (even with dual plys or inserts)

30 on concrete or skate park . Trails 20 . I have read enough PSI comparison and watched enough videos re to know 30 is hard for 2020 .
Maybe at a bike park with jump lines .

60psi is a more appropriate skate park tyre pressure for an mtb. 30psi rolls slower and offers poor support
20psi in a front tyre and I couldn't corner even vaguely hard without folding the sidewall and running that low in the rear would ding rims in seconds.
I'm not 9st or slow tho.

Dezmond 22

Jan 7, 2020
Australia
With air liner and tubeless front and back just psi squeeze test is needed , the airliner stops the tyre rolling so has full grip in fast berms and pinch flat proof , rims protected and run flat . So no need to be obsessive about correct pressure , best mod ever.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
NEWS FLASH:
A Heavier/faster rider/gnarlier terrain requires more supportive tyres. ie. higher pressures. (even with dual plys or inserts)

60psi is a more appropriate skate park tyre pressure for an mtb. 30psi rolls slower and offers poor support
20psi in a front tyre and I couldn't corner even vaguely hard without folding the sidewall and running that low in the rear would ding rims in seconds.
I'm not 9st or slow tho.

Tyre pressures are a personal choice !!

And dependent on conditions . 60 PSI over wet roots or rocks is a recipe for disaster IMO.
And you better be wearing clip less shoes or your feet wont be on the pedals for long .

60 PSI ?? How much do you weigh ?

All day every day ? All conditions ?

I call BS on that bro .

I`d like to see you ride my local trails with 60 PSI . ...

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Tyre pressures are a personal choice !!

And dependent on conditions . 60 PSI over wet roots or rocks is a recipe for disaster IMO.
And you better be wearing clip less shoes or your feet wont be on the pedals for long .

60 PSI ?? How much do you weigh ?

All day every day ? All conditions ?

I call BS on that bro .

I`d like to see you ride my local trails with 60 PSI . ...
I'll take you up on that bet...name the trails. I'll do it with 65+psi, just take a tip from Sam Pilgrim.???

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Learn to read, eh?
(Preferably before replying again)

Post somethin of relevance that dosesnt repeat what I just said and I might take the time ...

I'll take you up on that bet...name the trails. I'll do it with 65+psi, just take a tip from Sam Pilgrim.???

OK you and Louie can go jump some stair cases with 60 PSI ...
I`ll be at Trailforks Map lapping very happily with only 20 PSI and cush cores .

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Post somethin of relevance that dosesnt repeat what I just said and I might take the time ...

OK you and Louie can go jump some stair cases with 60 PSI ...
I`ll be at Trailforks Map lapping very happily with only 20 PSI and cush cores .
Got cush-cores on my Yeti not as good as I thought, won't buy again...got some great forest staircases where I am with steel edges, 60+psi just ping down on full thrash....??

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Got cush-cores on my Yeti not as good as I thought, won't buy again...got some great forest staircases where I am with steel edges, 60+psi just ping down on full thrash....??

You had better make sure you have a good work shop because every nut and bolt will want to vibrate themselves loose .

Betcha they hang on well on rock slabs and just eat roots for breakfast ?
And when you go around corners supper grippy too eh ? lol .

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
You had better make sure you have a good work shop because every nut and bolt will want to vibrate themselves loose .

Betcha they hang on well on rock slabs and just eat roots for breakfast ?
And when you go around corners supper grippy too eh ? lol .
Absolutely....?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
s1600_MG_7046_Edit_Edit_2.jpg

80psi

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Relevant ???
Yes.
Equally as relevant as a 210lb 50 something ex-DH rider dropping their pressures to 10psi to finally "conquer" a silly little rock in a steep climb. (and clearly having to put them back up to decent pressures for the rest of his video)

May I remind you it was YOU who brought "skate park" riding into the thread.
With your wildly inaccurate guess at appropriate skate park tyre pressure.
30 on concrete or skate park .

How many people on an E Bike forum ride skate parks ?
Can't vouch for anyone else but... I do.
I'd like to have assumed you do too since you feel you're experienced enough to hand out advice on skate park tyre pressures... oh... wait :unsure:

I also ride 50-55psi 5 days a week on my ESommet so do know what i'm talking about here so instead of only thinking only about your own riding and coming out with over dramatic nonsense like...
and
you better be wearing clip less shoes or your feet wont be on the pedals for long .
how about opening your eyes to the fact not all of us weigh 60kg, or run the same tyre sizes or casings or are even looking for maximum grip?

Like I said, the tyre pressures you keep spouting on about like some weird newly converted low tyre pressure evangelist may be absolutely fine for YOU but would not even be supportive enough for cornering for me.

TLDR?
run what suits you and stop getting so worked up about what anyone else chooses to run

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
i was using a maxxis ardent race in the back cuz i like the quick rolling rubber. it felt good at high twenties for my not too techy but still fast trails. Then i put on this new school pirelli tire with heavy casing and it was so harsh at 30, felt good at mid 20s...so it also depends on the tire

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Yes.
Equally as relevant as a 210lb 50 something ex-DH rider dropping their pressures to 10psi to finally "conquer" a silly little rock in a steep climb. (and clearly having to put them back up to decent pressures for the rest of his video)

May I remind you it was YOU who brought "skate park" riding into the thread.
With your wildly inaccurate guess at appropriate skate park tyre pressure.

Can't vouch for anyone else but... I do.
I'd like to have assumed you do too since you feel you're experienced enough to hand out advice on skate park tyre pressures... oh... wait :unsure:

I also ride 50-55psi 5 days a week on my ESommet so do know what i'm talking about here so instead of only thinking only about your own riding and coming out with over dramatic nonsense like...
and

how about opening your eyes to the fact not all of us weigh 60kg, or run the same tyre sizes or casings or are even looking for maximum grip?

Like I said, the tyre pressures you keep spouting on about like some weird newly converted low tyre pressure evangelist may be absolutely fine for YOU but would not even be supportive enough for cornering for me.

TLDR?
run what suits you and stop getting so worked up about what anyone else chooses to run

OK BOOMER ! lol .

How about a 26 incher . At the skate park .
Not the same as an E BIKE ...

# Free irrelevant information # Practice what you preach

Aitrui

May 16, 2020
Budapest
Gen X actually and I have FIVE 26" mtbs and one 20" BMX

I guess you must be one of theose whiny millenials ;)

I heard about a guy who has SIX 26" mtbs and more than 10 bike altogether. :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding, take it easy guys!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles