Post your tyre pressures here. The ultimate tyre pressure thread.

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
I think it might be a useful little database especially for new riders to give them a good head start.
So if you can post your tyre pressures front and rear, tyre/wheel size and make, tube or tubeless, rider weight and type of riding you do.

I start,
22psi front and 25 rear
27.5 2.6 front and rear
Maxi minion rear MM front
tubeless front and rear
ahem....100kg
mostly trail riding ( not very good at it ) :eek:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
About this *pushes full weight down through the bars on the tyre edge as hard as possible* - tyre sidewall gives a little but remains supported and is no way going to ever fold in a turn no matter how hard it's hit.
Slightly softer for more grip in soft/wet conditions
A fair bit harder for support and faster rolling when jumping and riding hardpack.
Always harder in the rear... Ooooh... er... missus

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
18psi front and 21 rear
Maxxis tubeless 27.5 2.6 front and rear
215lbs

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
OK, you're going to love this and bound to get a lot of responses. First off I'm 6 feet but only weigh 135 pounds. Yep skinny dude but outclimb 95% of people. I have a 170 mm fork lyric on the front of my 2018 levo comp, with 29" Roval Traverse SL carbon wheels 30 mm ID, 50 pound bike. Ride without a pack and only a few pound of essentials in my pockets. Otherwise stock. I pump the front tire up to just above the zero numeral on my floor pump and the rear tire to 1-2 mm above that. I run 2.5 DHF WT minion up front and rear. Back when I had a digital Gage this measured approximately 10 psi front and 12 psi rear. Awesome grip but only for my body weight, even in the wet. Going to try DHR II 2.4 tire in the future, dual compound rear and 3C compound front, da bomb!

Edit: well should have known, my gauge was faulty. Using someone else's floor pump I was surprised to find that I run 17 front and 19 psi rear, sorry for giving bed info.

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Sounds absolutely horrid to me but so long as you can corner hard and not fold the sidewall or ride rocks without dinging your crabonz fair enough.

Just goes to show how pointless sharing tyre pressure with strangers really is.

Out of interest what casing are you using?

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Sounds absolutely horrid to me but so long as you can corner hard and not fold the sidewall or ride rocks without dinging your crabonz fair enough.

Just goes to show how pointless sharing tyre pressure with strangers really is.

Out of interest what casing are you using?

EXO, TR, 3C, front and rear but just bought a dual compound 2.4 WT DHR II to replace a worn out rear tire. Wanted to put it on the front to try it there first but had already recently put on a brand new DHF 2.5 WT. The 3C compound just wears out too fast on our harsh lava trails and I'm going to have to go to dual compound.
I have to admit that I feel tire squirm when I ride on asphalt roads and corner sharply at these pressures but I just never feel it off road. It's only with the recent move to the WT tires that I can do these low pressures because they have the reinforced side walls and are stiffer. Earlier versions were too soft on the side walls and had to use higher pressures.
I'm quite used to leaning the bike over radically on downhills runs but never get that vague feeling of side wall squirm. Possibly I just got used to it and don't notice it anymore so it doesn't bother me. If I go any higher I just bounce off everything and actually have more slipping and sliding on wet roots. We have absolutely no groomed smooth trails here and are constantly bouncing off rocks and roots which are usually wet and greasy.
I know this is counter to your advice but it's the only thing that works for our trails for me. My riding buddy is faster than I am downhill and we both use these low pressures, but he owns the Specialized bike shop and he must ride 2.6 butchers front and back. Can't be caught riding some other brand of tire, ha ha, but he is very fast on them.
Next front tire for me will be a 2.4 DHR 2 3C EXO.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
B546AD66-4287-4A9E-8954-98090B046BE7.png

D

Deleted member 1275

Hi Al.

Do you use The Tyrewiz app with the actual sensors or just standalone to give pressure suggestions?

I laughed when the bike weight range on the app maxed out way before the weight of my bike! ??

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Generally, I'm just happy to pull my bike out of the garage with some air still in the tyres... :rolleyes:

randycpu

Nov 15, 2018
Silicon Valley, USA
15 -18 PSI front and rear
Schwalbe 27.5 X 3.0 Rocket Ron front and Nobby Nic rear
All tubeless on Roval Traverse alloy 40mm internal width rims
Specialized 2016 Levo FSR set to 10% PAS
Rider weight 195 lbs

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
20 front and 24 rear.
29 x 2.6 Specialized Butcher
Rider 77kg

Last edited:

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
Hi all! this is my setup & tire pressures:
2018 kenevo, I weigh about 80 kilos with kit. Ride mostly rough aggressive, dry Rocky techy stuff.
Front - stock roval rim.
2.8" DHF TR 3C Maxtera Exo + Cushcore
Pressure - 15 to 18 psi.
Rear- stock roval rim.
2.8" Specialized Butcher Black Diamond + Cushcore
Pressure - 14 to 17 psi.

On loose or not so Rocky wooded trails, use the lower press.
On sharp Rocky, or heavy hitting trails, use the higher end of the press.
Must say the Cushcore has allowed me to run these lower pressures with confidence inspiring handling and no punctures or blowouts for over a year now... Despite dinging and denting the rims many times.
Used to have to run at least 5 to 10 psi higher pressure to get the same confidence.
Tim

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
8psi front and 12psi rear
27.5 2.6 front and rear
Spesh Eliminator Grid front, Eliminator black Dimond rear.
Small tubes and Tannus Armour
108kg
Mostly trail riding, rough and technical, large jumps and drops, railing berms. Some KOM’s at my local.

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
Rider 90kg including gear.
Tyres 650b 2.5" with tubes
DHF Minion 19psi
Aggressor rear 20psi
Rims RaceFace AR35
I run this combo year round in all conditions.

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
8psi front and 12psi rear
27.5 2.6 front and rear
Spesh Eliminator Grid front, Eliminator black Dimond rear.
Small tubes and Tannus Armour
108kg
Mostly trail riding, rough and technical, large jumps and drops, railing berms. Some KOM’s at my local.

Really? How bad is the squirm at those pressures and under your weight? Are those KOM's on the up hill?:LOL:

Zachy

Oct 15, 2018
Michelin Wild Enduro front 29x2.4 20-22psi
Micheline E-Wild rear 27.5x2.8 18-20psi
CushCore in both!!

jk-

Jan 26, 2020
Around
Stock decoy tyres
Minion DHF 29x2.5 psi 25-28 front
Minion DHR II 27.5x2.8 psi 25-30 rear

No rim protector at all

I usually run the front 2-3 psi lower than the rear. I weigh around 90 to 95kg depending on what gear I am wearing at the time.

MartinW148

May 30, 2018
Essex, England
Maxxis minnion 27.5 * 2.8 (came with the bike), converted to tubeless.

Front and rear both 17psi if running on gravel over hard pack, 22psi if going for flat ride.

Rider weight (me) 69kg

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Assegai - F 19 , Hans Dampf -R 20 -21.[ Up near 30 PSI for street riding ]
Me 60 KG , 5 / 10 . Cube Stereo Hyb 160 .

Soft enough for grip . Hard enough to take the rock hits .
Cush Core front and rear .
Hard ground in Oz and lots of rocks and roots .

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
I think it might be a useful little database especially for new riders to give them a good head start.
So if you can post your tyre pressures front and rear, tyre/wheel size and make, tube or tubeless, rider weight and type of riding you do.

I start,
22psi front and 25 rear
27.5 2.6 front and rear
Maxi minion rear MM front
tubeless front and rear
ahem....100kg
mostly trail riding ( not very good at it ) :eek:
If it is only trail riding crank those bad boys up...30+...when it gets to the gnarly, steep tech stuff then drop down a few of the psi either end...good riders ride the higher pressures better rolling and less bottoming out on the rims...depends on rims and tyre size too but go as pumped up as you can.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
If it is only trail riding crank those bad boys up...30+...when it gets to the gnarly, steep tech stuff then drop down a few of the psi either end...good riders ride the higher pressures better rolling and less bottoming out on the rims...depends on rims and tire size too but go as pumped up as you can.

Good riders ?
Pumping up the tires can be a recipe for disaster ! Try 30 PSI on some slippery rocks or roots .

Conditions , rider weight , tire side wall . All should be considered . Heavier rider needs more PSI to avoid bottoming out the rims .

I weigh 60 KG . Obviously a person 90 KG needs more tire pressure .
I would ride 30 PSI on the bike paths or at the skate park . On trails about 20 PSI .A wet day prolly 18 PSI .

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles