Kenevo Gen1 Turning on issues - pushed in connector pin? (Kenevo 2020 Comp)

jallabanan

Oct 12, 2018
Norway
Hi,

I am having some issues when turning on my Kenevo 2020 Comp.

More specifically, randomly it won't turn on, but it stays on if it does.

I just noticed one of the pins in the Rosenberger connector was pushed in a little - or worse, a bit of it broke off.

If it's just pushed in, is there any way to open the plug and try to push it out again? Far fetched, I know...

Btw. if I need a new connector, I presume it's the top one here? None of them specifically lists the 2020 Comp....

2021-03-28 18.42.39.jpg

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Its the second photo. First photo is the older cable that had problems with cracking.
TBH I am surprised the plug works at all! It needs a thorough cleaning. The o ring seal should be lubricated to help create a decent seal and it helps to put some lithium grease on the chamfered face behind that seal as further protection. I suggest you use a toothbrush or similar and some contact cleaner to get all the sand and grime out of it. That may free the contact pin that is stuck down....assuming it is still in one piece! If it has been barely making contact for some time, the tip may be burnt. Difficult to see from your photo.

jallabanan

Oct 12, 2018
Norway
Its the second photo. First photo is the older cable that had problems with cracking.
TBH I am surprised the plug works at all! It needs a thorough cleaning. The o ring seal should be lubricated to help create a decent seal and it helps to put some lithium grease on the chamfered face behind that seal as further protection. I suggest you use a toothbrush or similar and some contact cleaner to get all the sand and grime out of it. That may free the contact pin that is stuck down....assuming it is still in one piece! If it has been barely making contact for some time, the tip may be burnt. Difficult to see from your photo.

Thanks!

I'll try and clean it up properly.

English is not my first language; can you please explain "chamfered face"?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles