Turbo mode, how much do you use it?

Wheels

Dec 15, 2020
Astoria
At 43 I bought a ff emtb. used turbo for the first few rides and progressively used the assistance less and less. I now have eco mode set at 15% and average 6% battery use per hour and a mix of paved and unpaved trails with very little elevation change. I almost never use turbo, but switch between no assistance and eco. I use the emtb to train when i havent rode for weeks otherwise ill take the mtb. That said i ride alone and don't try to keep up with anyone else .however If someone is inclined to use turbo exclusively, they get a thumbs up, to each their own.👍

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
What is turbo? just max. power with least effort? :)
I set up my bike according to my day, if I have only 2-3h, I set assistance to 50-70% and peak power to 100%.
If I have a full day, I set assistance lower, like 30-35% and peak power around 35% as well, to do >2500m elevation.

ahh....sorry Bosch users... probaby you don't know what i'm talking about.... you have only super low eco, tour and emtb, turbo, which basically give you full power with not too much effort ;)

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
If I only have a hour or so for a quick blast I'll use turbo (Spesh levo) for the whole ride to get in as many trails as possible , other long rides I use trail mostly, Eco is like cycling in treacle 🤣

pagheca

Nov 6, 2022
La Palma, Canary Islands
I am keeping a log of my ebike. It's a mental disease, I know, but trust me: I am not dangerous to others, usually 🙃. This is what I got so far

1669467579373.png

So, actually the contribution from my Bosch motor is a bit more than 1/2 but close to 60% actually. And this is the typical usage of my bike: sometime for commuting, 1/3 on road, 2/3 off-road. I am 64 and live in a very steep island. This is my first ebike and my first real MTB. So, still on the learning curve...

1669467668794.png

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
At 43 I bought a ff emtb. used turbo for the first few rides and progressively used the assistance less and less. I now have eco mode set at 15% and average 6% battery use per hour and a mix of paved and unpaved trails with very little elevation change. I almost never use turbo, but switch between no assistance and eco. I use the emtb to train when i havent rode for weeks otherwise ill take the mtb. That said i ride alone and don't try to keep up with anyone else .however If someone is inclined to use turbo exclusively, they get a thumbs up, to each their own.👍
This is exactly why i went for the orbea rise m10, it sounds like your lugging around a heavy bike for no reason. As was i for over 2 years.
The so-called light weight low power bikes are probably more overlooked than they should be for a lot of people without mountains on their doorstep that also like to push a little harder.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Turbo? never heard of it :ROFLMAO:

8 weeks old and 450km (including 7948 metres of elevation) on my Rail and never even used it yet. Can power up climbs just fine in Tour+
Biked over the port hills in christchurch to see a mate and let him have a spin on my Rail. On the bike back I used Turbo for the first time ever.. Horrible uphill around 42% gradient 700m climb with 300m elevation and I really wasn't feeling good about it after a couple of beers.

Turbo made that climb by far and away almost enjoyable, can see why so many people love it now!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles