Levo Gen 2 TURBO LEVO SIZE GUIDE 2020

Rich82

Jun 2, 2020
Uk
I wonder if anyone can help me I am looking to purchase a Turbo Levo but have realised I am in between sizes, I am 5ft 10 so the guide says Size M or L.

What size should I go for as I do not want to make an expensive mistake.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
I’m exactly the same.

I went in to two shops and both advised M. I went with this and when it arrived the seat adjustment was minimal from the max setting. They dropped it 10mm to where I felt most comfortable.

bike feels great.

I’m no expert hence why I went with their advice. Bike feels amazing. glad I didn’t go with the L

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
I'm 5'10 with longer legs and arms and also and went for a large.

I was advised to go for a large if I wanted a 'stable' ride and medium for a more 'fun' ride.

Now i'm a more 'mature' person, I decided the 'stable' route would be best for the type of riding I would be doing.

No regrets going for the large, I absolutely love it and think the medium might have been a little 'twitchy' for me.

Don't forget there is the 'flip-chip' too which can make the bike a bit more responsive.

Whichever you go for, it's a great bike, you won't regret it!

DITB

Jun 14, 2020
Hong Kong and Switzerland
6'1" ... should I get an L or XL then? I, too, lean more towards stability than how lively it is.

Btw, I understand it comes with two type of motors, the stronger one is ... 90 Nm? I don't want carbon or too fancy stuff (I'm a noob), but it has to be full suspension - no HT for me ... Turbo or SL? Or what other options are there? I am thinking I need the one priced around 5800 USD (forgot what variant that is)

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
I wonder if anyone can help me I am looking to purchase a Turbo Levo but have realised I am in between sizes, I am 5ft 10 so the guide says Size M or L.

What size should I go for as I do not want to make an expensive mistake.

I'm also 5' 10" with slightly long arms. After trying both I am definitely glad I went with the large. Even so, I had to move the seat back a little and rotate the bars forward a tad to get the reach I wanted.

Sledder

Aug 7, 2020
WA
I’m also looking for some advice from the experienced folks on this site regarding sizing. I’m new to Mtn biking and Ebike. I recently ordered a 21 Levo Comp, size XL. Like many others mine is on back order with unknown delivery date. My concern is I have never ridden one of these bikes and was not able to test one at any nearby LBS.
The bike shop without actually measuring me, had me order a size XL. They told me size XL as i will be more “comfortable.” I’m not sure if I should have went with XL or Large. If I cancel XL and re-order a Large I will likely go to the end of the pending shipping order line vs keeping my place in line with the current Xl. I know per sizing chart I‘m in-between the two sizes. I have not been able to locate any detailed bike measurements to see what actual sizing difference is between XL and L.

I would appreciate input as to size I need. I‘m 6ft tall+ (almost 6’1”), weigh 195 lbs, and have according to the dress shirts I buy, long arms. Am I going to be Ok with the XL or should I try try to change to a Large.
Thanks

Spock

Aug 8, 2020
South Africa
I’m also looking for some advice from the experienced folks on this site regarding sizing. I’m new to Mtn biking and Ebike. I recently ordered a 21 Levo Comp, size XL. Like many others mine is on back order with unknown delivery date. My concern is I have never ridden one of these bikes and was not able to test one at any nearby LBS.
The bike shop without actually measuring me, had me order a size XL. They told me size XL as i will be more “comfortable.” I’m not sure if I should have went with XL or Large. If I cancel XL and re-order a Large I will likely go to the end of the pending shipping order line vs keeping my place in line with the current Xl. I know per sizing chart I‘m in-between the two sizes. I have not been able to locate any detailed bike measurements to see what actual sizing difference is between XL and L.

I would appreciate input as to size I need. I‘m 6ft tall+ (almost 6’1”), weigh 195 lbs, and have according to the dress shirts I buy, long arms. Am I going to be Ok with the XL or should I try try to change to a Large.
Thanks
I’m just over 6’ and the L was definitely too small. XL is perfect. I think their sizing charts are a bit off..

danf72

Jun 18, 2020
Berkshire
I'm a smidge over 6', and Large is perfect. Really depends on your reach and leg length. I tried both L and XL and to be honest wasn't much in it. The spesh size calculator put me on a large too. There seems to be a trend at the moment to go larger but its really personal taste. Go and try a 2020 bike it will be the same geo.

About the larger bikes being more stable, not sure it really matters that much. There is so much weight down low I bet the smallest bikes are more stable than most analogue enduro bikes.

Sledder

Aug 7, 2020
WA
Thank you for the replies. Sounds like a split with the responses between L and XL. Since the XL is on order I will roll the dice and keep it inbound. No estimated arrival date yet. Gives me time to keep researching to pick fenders/ mud guards, bash guard and rider safety gear.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I am 6ft and ride a large. That said I have made some changes to shorten the reach.
The problem hete is that height is not by itself a very useful guide because body proportion varies. In my case I have a relatively short upper body. On a mtb you really need a riding position midway between the upright stance of a commuter bike and the prone stance of a roadie and it is the reach measurement of the bike that best guides you on that. Arm length is not as relevant as the distance between your hips and your shoulders. Note also your riding stance will vary with saddle height. For me at least My saddle is always at least 50% slammed on a trail and downhill fully slammed. Achieving the ideal pedalling length to the crank is not important on an emtb unless you are an xc racer or intend doing a lot of roadwork.
So......best way to check sizing in my book is to know your ideal reach measurement and you can get a pretty good idea of that by trying virtually any modern geo emtb with the saddle half slammed and see if the bars fall nicely to hand without having to be bent too far forward but also without your knees crowding the bars at half lock.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB

Thanks
XL will be fine, large would probably be too small. 2 of my friends at 5'10 and 6' rode my XL and loved it and would go that size.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Thank you for the replies. Sounds like a split with the responses between L and XL. Since the XL is on order I will roll the dice and keep it inbound. No estimated arrival date yet. Gives me time to keep researching to pick fenders/ mud guards, bash guard and rider safety gear.
Can make a big bike smaller, can't make a small bike bigger

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
i'm 5'8 ½" and went with a Large SL. Owned a Large Levo previously
I like the reach of a Large
Notice i do have a 150mm dropper that is inserted in the frame all the way. Just right, but i can't raise it any more
The M is a perfect fit for me on paper. Just felt the reach was too short when riding. So i made the Large work and feels better on high speed steep descents. Still good in tight sections

IMG_0680.jpeg

danf72

Jun 18, 2020
Berkshire
Can make a big bike smaller, can't make a small bike bigger

In exactly the opposite way to making a big bike smaller I always prefer to make a small bike bigger, longer stem and clamping the seat nearer the front. ;). This keeps me more over the front and seems less twitchy in the steering department. I ran a 35mm stem for a couple of years but have gone back to 50mm with a rise. I'm also moving back to a 780 bar from 800, contreversioal I know.

TooTallPaul

Oct 28, 2020
Bend, Oregon
I'm 6'3.
I went XL & added a slightly longer Stem to increase the reach.
Hello, I am 6'4" and have an XL ordered. Based on what I am reading here, I am wondering if it's just going to be too small. I can cancel order if it doesn't work. What length stem did you switch to? Thanks for your help!

Jaybad

Oct 29, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Hello, I am 6'4" and have an XL ordered. Based on what I am reading here, I am wondering if it's just going to be too small. I can cancel order if it doesn't work. What length stem did you switch to? Thanks for your help!
I’m 6’4” as well and am picking up a 2020 XL tomorrow!

SidLawrence

Aug 12, 2019
Meath, Ireland

Sorry...just seeing this now. To be fair.....I liked the bike with the standard stem, I just feel a slightly longer stem gives me greater control & suits me better. I only went up to 60mm, I was lucky & I had one in the parts bin! Cheers

bikechiq

Nov 1, 2020
Littleton
that's weird. I'm 5'10 and I used the Specialized fit guide and it put me on an L.

The app had measurements for kneecap, height, and ankle.

I havn't ridden it yet, I'm going tomorrow to pick it up.

Roger20

Mar 6, 2020
West Yorkshire UK
For the OP I'm 5'9.5" and had the same dilemma. Rode a medium Cube for 3 years (with older geometry than the TL) but the M Turbo Levo just felt too small, despite Specialized size guide saying that was correct. First bike shop said I looked too big on their medium demo and a second shop confirmed it. After 8 months still glad I got the large - feels just right, especially with the flip chip in high to give it a touch faster steering. Reach wouldn't have been right on the medium.

Bike Rider 007

Nov 3, 2020
California
Im 6,1 on a large. Absolutely love my bike, ride it every day. I would recommend testing multiple sizes, move the seat around and ask to adjust the bars to find a fit for you.

IMG_20201103_100858.jpg

Jaybad

Oct 29, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Looks like we’ve got very similar bikes! Before going into the store I was looking everywhere online for more pictures and couldn’t find any in the gunmetal colour.

Which mudguard do you have on the front / are you happy with it?

Bike Rider 007

Nov 3, 2020
California
Which mudguard do you have on the front / are you happy with it?

I can't say how well it works because there's been no rain. It's the stock mud guard that you get free when you buy a lyrik ultimate. There's a rockshox logo on the underside, I flipped it to not show the logo I think it looks cheesy.

Last edited:

Jaybad

Oct 29, 2020
Toronto, Canada
I can't say how well it works because there's been no rain. It's the stock mud guard that you get free when you buy a lyrik ultimate. There's a rockshox logo on the underside, I flipped it to no show the logo I think it looks cheesy.
Ah okay, agree RE the logo - my preference is more of a stealth look. Thanks for the quick response!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles