Levo Gen 2 2020 Levo - crank arms and chain guide

palesaint

Aug 15, 2020
New Mexico
Hi, I've got a 2020 Levo Comp - purchased around Feb '20 and decided to clean up around the motor and give everything a good look. In removing the crank arms, specs say they should be torqued to 40Nm but I swear I had to put twice that in to get them off. After much sweating and straining I got them off and got everything cleaned up. Upon reassembly I set torque to 40Nm and reinstalled the arms. After reaching this torque setting it looks like they still have a few millimetres before setting flush. I'm afraid to exceed specs for torquing them down, just thought I would check here to see if there's an upper limit I shouldn't exceed.

In addition, on a recent and very bumpy downhill run somehow I lost the chainguide on the bike. Must have been a bit loose at the start. Nearest shop is 1+ hour away - is there a source anywhere on the internet for a replacement? I found a website overseas but they are out of stock.
Thanks!

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
When was the last time your torque wrench was calibrated?
The chain guide is hard to come by right now, because I bought them all. I can spare one so hit me up in DM

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I would take them off again and check all surfaces are clean and lightly greased.....including the self extracting set up. The torque will only be right if there is minimum friction.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles