Levo Gen 3 Turbo Levo Expert, Invisiframing

Titaniumdean

Nov 19, 2023
Germany
Hi I have a Turbo Levo Expert, im Invisiframing as we speak, to do the right chain stay you have to remove the protective rubber, anyone done this? Does it go back as securely? Thanks

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Isn’t this protective rubber glued on?
(Not familiar with Levo). Invisaframe is a good idea but replacing the rubber protection might be difficult.

Titaniumdean

Nov 19, 2023
Germany
Isn’t this protective rubber glued on?
(Not familiar with Levo). Invisaframe is a good idea but replacing the rubber protection might be difficult.
Im told, but not fully convinced a 5mm Allen bolt near rear axle gets it off with twisting, like I say im not fully convinced! Thanks

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
I have a 2020 expert I invisiframed.
Yes, I removed the protector on the chainstay, and yes it clipped back on without issue.
If I remember correctly it sorta rolled off and on again after removing the little bolt.

Titaniumdean

Nov 19, 2023
Germany
I have a 2020 expert I invisiframed.
Yes, I removed the protector on the chainstay, and yes it clipped back on without issue.
If I remember correctly it sorta rolled off and on again after removing the little bolt.
Great info Thankyou

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
I did this last night .... the protection on the rear pops right off from the front and is attached to the lower swing link ... I let it just hang there while I worked the invisiframe stuff on and then popped it right back on

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
A warning .. when you put the piece on that goes on the drive side buy the chain guide.... be aware that there is a little pin that is part of the chain guide and hole where that pin goes into ... I made the mistake or torquing the chain guide back and the pin was not in the hole 🤦‍♂️
A little cosmetic damage but you can't see it when it's all back together again.

Money Pit

Subscriber
Jan 27, 2024
UK
Just don't do what I did. I thought the chainstay protector was a simple wrap around and being rough I went to pull it off and snapped it where it wraps around the rear bolt area.

Titaniumdean

Nov 19, 2023
Germany
Thanks, first bike I’ve done 5 so far,that had extensive protection from factory. In hindsight I might have just left as standard. Thanks for all the comments, shows me that the Specialized forum will be a great place for advice, first Specialized embt and loving it

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles