Turbo levo alloy vs comp alloy.

force11111

Sep 6, 2023
Ocala, FL
Getting my first e-bike soon and I have it down to these choices. Really leaning towards the vanilla alloy because of the black on black color and (and it’s 1000 cheaper for me).

My riding will be mostly flat ish Florida dirt trails. It won’t be on downhill or technical trails much.

Anyone have any experience comparing these two models ? I know the regular allow has cheaper (worse?) parts but so I need the more expensive parts? I think my biggest fear is the brakes. They’re smaller on the regular alloy, but I’m not sure if that’ll impact stopping distance much.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Ps: Sorry if this post comes off as incoherent. Haven’t had my coffee yet today and I’m in a hurry to run out and look at bikes.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Alloy has a 35 fork and a sx derailleur…. Both are crap, the rear hub is also not great. The comp alloy has a fox 36 fork, a gx derailleur and much better brakes. The rear hub is a little better. If you plan on getting the alloy, plan on replacing a bunch stuff.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Alloy has a 35 fork and a sx derailleur…. Both are crap, the rear hub is also not great. The comp alloy has a fox 36 fork, a gx derailleur and much better brakes. The rear hub is a little better. If you plan on getting the alloy, plan on replacing a bunch stuff.

Mtuhoop24

Aug 15, 2023
Illinois
I was in the same boat but went with the black Alloy instead of the comp...............I figured I will replace components as they fail or as I become a better rider and need it. As an example.......I just bought the Sram GX Transmission..............and because of that I had to put in a XD Freehub on..........so got an upgrade on those components...........love the bike. They (emtb's) are heavy so the technical stuff can become a little hard because the bike has less agility but I haven't ridden a traditional mtb in over 20 years so I don't know the difference! LOL

boomy96

Jun 3, 2023
Australia
I just bought a alloy comp on sale $7999. A base model was $7090. The $900 difference is definitely worth the money, especially for the 700w battery!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles