Levo Gen 2 Turbo Levo 2019 TCU blue blink on startup

stoffen

Aug 27, 2019
Oslo
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I don’t have too much time to scan threads right now.

So after a break I’m no longer able to power up the bike. There is a short blink of the lowest blue bar (closest to power button), then nothing else happens - just black/dead. Battery is 3/4 charged and responding to press-and-hold power button (green light 1+3 then 2+4 jumping back and forth if holding, then stops blinking at about 10 seconds).

Any tips? I’m in the middle of my summer tour and far away from any spec bike shops at the moment.

stoffen

Aug 27, 2019
Oslo
Took out the tcu and left it inside a warm room over night. Blue blink turned into “battery error” error code (as indicated in the manual). Left tcu in the sun for a few hours and cleaned the battery connection (although it looked clean enough). Now I’m able to start it up.

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
Sorry bud, I missed this. I had the same issue but after giving the bike a very good wash. It’s moisture in the TCU, when you take it out there is a USB port at the top with a rubber insert.
Even though it’s been dry lately and warm the change in temperature will most likely have gotten a moisture buildup inside.

I took mine out and put some electrical tape over the hood as now you can do updates through the mission control app, the TCU is very temperamental.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles