2020 Turbo Levo Expert Carbon - TCU & Bluetooth Failure?

Rnegade944

Apr 22, 2020
Adelaide
Hi All,

Just picked up my new 2020 Levo Expert Carbon and my wife scored a 2020 Turbo Comp after hiring a few for the past 2 months we dropped the cash and got setup however I have taken them home and found a issue that is driving me nuts tonight while I am trying to setup the bike ready for tomorrows early AM ride.

Opened up Mission Control, found my bike and connected perfectly 1st time - and then it continually dropped connection, time and time again and takes 4-10 reboots of the bike before it regains connection if I am even lucky enough. I have tried 3 different devices and also BLEvo however after 4 hours I have had enough.

Turning the bike on and holding the mode setting for 20+ seconds does not seem to reset the TCU as per a video I found.

Wondering if the TCU is the same between the Comp and the Expert Carbon!?!?! Wondering if i should swap the wife's out to see if there is any issues. She managed to connect her phone to her bike straight away and no other issues at all. Rather annoying!

I think Monday arvo its going back to the bike store. I am not impressed at all. And I am really dissapointed that the Expert Carbon with the Fox36 does not come with Tokens in it, however the Comp does! $3.5k difference in price and no tokens. Feeling a bit ripped off honestly. After dropping $17,000 AUD on bikes, $700 on gear - feeling a bit short changed :( Hasn't been a great experience for day one.

Cmr

Nov 17, 2019
Apriliayp68
Hi All,

Just picked up my new 2020 Levo Expert Carbon and my wife scored a 2020 Turbo Comp after hiring a few for the past 2 months we dropped the cash and got setup however I have taken them home and found a issue that is driving me nuts tonight while I am trying to setup the bike ready for tomorrows early AM ride.

Opened up Mission Control, found my bike and connected perfectly 1st time - and then it continually dropped connection, time and time again and takes 4-10 reboots of the bike before it regains connection if I am even lucky enough. I have tried 3 different devices and also BLEvo however after 4 hours I have had enough.

Turning the bike on and holding the mode setting for 20+ seconds does not seem to reset the TCU as per a video I found.

Wondering if the TCU is the same between the Comp and the Expert Carbon!?!?! Wondering if i should swap the wife's out to see if there is any issues. She managed to connect her phone to her bike straight away and no other issues at all. Rather annoying!

I think Monday arvo its going back to the bike store. I am not impressed at all. And I am really dissapointed that the Expert Carbon with the Fox36 does not come with Tokens in it, however the Comp does! $3.5k difference in price and no tokens. Feeling a bit ripped off honestly. After dropping $17,000 AUD on bikes, $700 on gear - feeling a bit short changed :( Hasn't been a great experience for day one.
Hi All,

Cmr

Nov 17, 2019
Apriliayp68
I had problems at first with my 2020 expert connecting at first have you tried turning wire fire off on your phone before you turn on bike and open up mission control

Rnegade944

Apr 22, 2020
Adelaide
I had problems at first with my 2020 expert connecting at first have you tried turning wire fire off on your phone before you turn on bike and open up mission control

Thanks for that. Yes, On all devices in tried (Samsung 10inch Tab / Hauwei P30 PRO / Nexus 6P) all devices had wifi on / off at some stage during attemps, all had M/C installed / uninstalled a few times, Blevo wasnt even installed on 2 devices to start with and BT was disabled on the devices I was not testing on so not to cause issues, Fitbit / Hauwei Watch GT were both off during trials also).

As far as I can tell, it seems the B/T module is faulty :(

Bike needs to go back anyway as rear derailer isn't going into top gear (chain bounced and caused mis alignment) and they did not do the tubeless conversion like they were meant to. Not impressed with my local stores service so far. Bikes were not setup properly for us at all and once the $ was paid over the day before pick up it seems their hard work was done. Bit dissapointing. See how I go monday when they re open.

Meanwhile, Wife and I just did a 22km ride through local forest and MTB trail centre, used about 40-45% battery mainly being on Trail mode with 2 climbs in Turbo. LOVING the 700w battery. Huge difference from the 500W. Glad i went with the Comp and Expert Carbon models now over the standard Levo.

Reactions: Cmr

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles