Levo Gen 2 2021 Levo Expert Carbon Failure

Jaybee59

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2021
Reno
I purchased the bike 06/22 week used. The bike was showroom clean, having only been ridden on the street. The app showed only 2 charges.
I my inaugural ride profile was on the lowest power setting, 2500 feet vertical and 15 miles. The bike performance was good. Uneventful with 60-70% battery remaining.
I charged it overnight. The next day I felt confident of a planned 3-4 hours of pedalling. This ride would consist of 23 miles and 3500 of vert in 70 degree weather. All ran well until the final 8 miles of downhill singletrack. The bike shut itself off. I turned it back on, the battery showed around 30-40% and rolled probably 300 yrds downhill when it quit again. I actuated the power again, with the light starting, then instant shut off. I put the bike in easy gear and headed down the remaining 7 miles.
After 3 miles, I topped, pushes the power button. This time the bike initiated with an alternating blue red for just an instant and shut off. This time, the bike would no longer respond. I charged it overnight, and all was functional again. The bike is at the shop. The tech said he will pull the codes. Not a great start with such an expensive toy. I will follow up.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Don't worry, its in the hands of warranty and warranty with Specialized is usually good. It could just be a loose connector.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles