Trek Slash gen 6 ebike rumours

Scrubes

Dec 19, 2023
Sydney
Just heard that a Trek employee hinted towards an ebike version of the new high pivot Slash.

Anyone know anything about this?

I've been looking at my next ebike... looking for 170+ rear but light. Santa Cruz Bullit is top of the list but the Transition Relay mullet (60nm, 20kg) has also taken my interest.

Currently running a Focus Sam2 6.9 for Zeb 190s but the old girl weighs 26kg.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK

Scrubes

Dec 19, 2023
Sydney
T
That was 6 months ago. Assume it was the gen 6 analog.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Given that there is the Trek Rail CX and more recently Trek Rail CXR, my money is now on Trek Rail SX with the new Bosch SX motor.

arTNC

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
While I get the benefit of the multi-pivot design on that version of the Slash, isn't that primarily more beneficial on a bike where you're doing all the pedaling power? It allows you to hit chunkier rocks and terrain yet still be able to pedal over them without hanging up so easily. The strong pedal assist on something like the rail pretty much overcomes that problem for me. Also it would seem that possibly a strong motor might deal some misery to those pivot components.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Given that there is the Trek Rail CX and more recently Trek Rail CXR, my money is now on Trek Rail SX with the new Bosch SX motor.
That would be interesting but unless they increase the travel I think it would overlap with the Fuel exe a bit much.
A Slash exe with the SX motor could be a winner.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles