Trek Rail - Gen 4 ( Coil shock Options Medium Frame)

Sep 19, 2022
United Kingdom
Hi Group,

I have bought a Trek Rail 2023 ( Gen 4). I am loving the bike but am looking for a upgrade on the standard resr shock.

I am looking for some advice on what shock may fit , standard or trunion. Will a 230x60 fit ? Or do i need to go with 230x 57.5 as per the spec.

Shock options :- EXT , Ohlins , Push ?

Thanks

Bobster

arTNC

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
Here's a link from this forum that is huge and seems to cover most of the questions and options about fitting alternate shocks to the Rail series. Yes, it's many pages, but it covers just about all you need to know about the Rail series and alternate shocks. I can't keep up with all the "Gen" numbers at this point, and you didn't mention which exact Rail you're referring to. I don't believe any of the aluminum Rails have changed in the frame, so the shock info should fit all of them. Some changes have occurred in the carbon series Rails, mainly because of battery size...I believe.

In that link I posted, if I recall correctly, the medium and large aluminum Rails will accept a wider array of piggyback shocks, air or coil, than the small frame. My Gen 2 Rail 7 has a Fox DHX2 coil shock in 230 X 60 with no fitment issue. I know on the large frame some even go longer on the stroke length with no issue.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles