Can i fit a Rockshox super deluxe Coil on my trek rail 7

brockavd

Oct 11, 2021
Australia
Hi everyone,
After some help please. I have just purchased a Rockshox super deluxe coil for my 2021 trek rail 7. Can anyone tell me what hardware i need to fit this please?
As the stock Rockshox select + hardware does not fit
Thank you

DF4CD61D-6299-4E2D-974C-9BDC24B1434B.jpeg

465F634A-4931-4BFB-8738-BC493CB85709.jpeg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Then the answer is possibly.
You have to make sure that the reservoir doesn’t hit the downtube on full compression.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I used the stock hardware to mount my DVO shock, what’s the problem you’re seeing?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
You’ll probably have to press it out. I’d want to be absolutely certain that the reservoir didn’t hit first. Have you done a search using the forum software for the super deluxe coil to see if anyone else has fitted one?

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
Are you in the UK? Fin at Full Factory Suspension is running a coil on his Rail and is generally an evangelist for coil shocks and custom building coil shocks. Give him a shout - I'm sure he can help. https://fullfactory.bike

Hob Nob

Jun 4, 2020
UK
The bearings on the bottom of the coil is too small for the bushing

That's because it's a used shock from another bike which comes with a bearing mount, rather than a standard eyelet.

IIRC RockShox need to go back to a service centre to have the lower part swapped to a normal eyelet mount (so you can run a standard bush). Which means a service, and some parts, not cheap.

Also the piggyback is fairly big & low on a Super Deluxe. I would be surprised if you have clearance on bottom out before the piggyback hits the downtube.

I'd sell it on and find something more suitable.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
There are loads of cool shocks suited to the Rail; DVO, Ohlins, EXT, and Cane Creek spring immediately to mind.

aviserated

Aug 18, 2021
Oxford GA
I read lots of posts where people have to purchase new fasteners, spacers and bushings so they can install coil shock. It would be nice if manufacturer would make Rail specific coil shock kit. Maybe I have not done enough research, but I should not have to. Please help make choosing coil shock easier.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It would be nice if manufacturer would make Rail specific coil shock kit.
The Rail comes with two types of shock mounts depending on model. Which type do you suggest they make shocks for? Do you even know which yours is? 🙄
Maybe I have not done enough research,
Clearly not… 🙄
but I should not have to. Please help make choosing coil shock easier.
Do you want someone to pedal it for you as well? 🙄

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles