Trek rail cane creek kitsuma

Tomp22

Jun 9, 2021
United States (Ohio)
Anyone tried the cane creek kitsuma coil on their rail? I have a rail 7 size medium and think the cane creek coil looks the part. The fox dpx2 21’ reservoir is about 10mm shorter than the kitsuma.

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
Been also looking for Kitsuma, but it’s best feature (The knobs) is for me it’s worse feature. I’m not convinced that me or anyone else wouldn’t accidentally turn the knobs. Would be interesting to see one live if it's a problem or not. In the end CC should know what they are doing..

It’s a pity that there’s no else shocks from CC that is 230 x 57,5/60.

A bit offtopic, but:

CANE CREEK DB HERITAGE LIMITED EDITION

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021
Forest Of Dean
I've got the DB Heritage on my OH's Trek Remedy. I tried swapping them over onto the rail. Unfortunately, it smacks at full compression, confirming what the boys at Sprung and TF Tuned (who I purchased it from) had advised. It's a shame because it's a very competent shock once you've dialled it in.

Slapbassmunky

Aug 1, 2020
Isle of wight
I've got the DB Heritage on my OH's Trek Remedy. I tried swapping them over onto the rail. Unfortunately, it smacks at full compression, confirming what the boys at Sprung and TF Tuned (who I purchased it from) had advised. It's a shame because it's a very competent shock once you've dialled it in.
How far did you get through the travel before it hit, what size frame are you on?

Sep 30, 2021
Forest Of Dean
How far did you get through the travel before it hit, what size frame are you on?

Difficult to say, If I were to have a guess, it would probably have been about 85-90% of its stroke without the spring. This is on a large rail. I might keep the rear end stock for the time being, given that the biggest issue I had with the Remedy was the inconsistent/ineffective rebound damping which did naff all. It doesn't seem to be an issue on the Rail, so I'm quite content with having just the standard deluxe. (Will replace when it eventually does fail)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles