Transition Relay Owners how's the bike?

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Mine still seems to operate fine, it's just louder. Probably just going to keep riding it for now.

Maybe I can get an audio comparison to some other Relays?

Anyways, I swapped to 11 speed as I prefer it (better clearance, lighter, all steel cassette, no accidental downshift to a 50 tooth) and installed my rear Trickstuff brake (not a fun job!) and it now weighs 43.5#s. That's an XL mullet, dual inserts, 210mm dropper, DD rear tire & Exo+ tires, sturdy wheels, tools, pedals & cage.

I'm pleased with that weight.

20230612_185714.jpg 20230612_185705.jpg

Nerds On Dirt MTB

Feb 20, 2023
The PNW
Ok so this is interesting, in river mode under load my motor is definitely louder and has started to make a clicking sound, my girlfriends is still whisper quiet. Going to get some more time on it to make sure I am not imagining things.

RxBike

Jan 26, 2023
USA
Here I am, waiting impatiently for the GX AXS version to ship...all for what? Just to ride it 5 times and have to deal with a warranty claim. Fazua, fazua, fazua....figure it out. Not super excited to drop a lot of money on a product that is unreliable. Sigh.

Nerds On Dirt MTB

Feb 20, 2023
The PNW
My Fazua 60 has most definitely increased in volume as well as has somewhat reduced performance.

I have submitted a warranty claim to attempt to get resolution for the noise.

It's no longer possible to be incognito as any moving of the cranks, even in breeze mode soft pedaling at a low cadence, has the motor emitting a loud whining noise.

Probably a bearing going out. No codes.
Let us know what they say about the warranty!

Nerds On Dirt MTB

Feb 20, 2023
The PNW
Probably the same thing they’ve been telling my buddy that’s got 3 pivot SLs in his shop waiting on motors, there’s none available for warranty replacement.
Weird, we got one in the shop last week because we hade three different Praxis cranks come loose on one bike in a month. We may have gotten it from Transition and not Fazua though. TR is pretty good about warranty issues.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Let us know what they say about the warranty!

I just spoke with Transition and they told me they would like me to record the sound and send them a clip, so I intend to do that this evening.

The good thing, is that I think it runs fine. At first I thought it was down on power but I honestly just think it's very hot here (so I'm weak) and that I'm just getting used to the power.

But the noise is 100% new.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Ok so this is interesting, in river mode under load my motor is definitely louder and has started to make a clicking sound, my girlfriends is still whisper quiet. Going to get some more time on it to make sure I am not imagining things.

So as I recall on my first handful of rides, the motor was VERY quiet. Every bit as quiet as the HP TQ in my limited personal experience. Now I'd put the noise closer to the old Mahle 1.1. It's pretty whiny and not incognito at all!

Since you have 2 Relay's, I hope you can document and post a video of the different noise levels.

I spoke to QBT, the Fazua warranty support center, and asked them if they get louder by chance and they told me it's the opposite, they get quieter as they break in.

Doggy

May 22, 2023
Peoria, Az.
I just spoke with Transition and they told me they would like me to record the sound and send them a clip, so I intend to do that this evening.

The good thing, is that I think it runs fine. At first I thought it was down on power but I honestly just think it's very hot here (so I'm weak) and that I'm just getting used to the power.

But the noise is 100% new.
Funny you say that about recording the noise, I picked my 2 Pivot Shuttle's up today after the shop installed the new controllers, he had another Pivot Shuttle in for making noise, Fazua told them to keep riding it and record the noise.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Let's see if I did this correctly.

I put my F60 settings back to standard and tested in Breeze mode so that we may compare easily.

This was just pedaling on flat concrete so low strain. More strain (i.e. offroad and uphill) increases the noise considerably.

It runs seemingly fine, it's just much louder than it was when new.

Please provide feedback.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Let's see if I did this correctly.

I put my F60 settings back to standard and tested in Breeze mode so that we may compare easily.

This was just pedaling on flat concrete so low strain. More strain (i.e. offroad and uphill) increases the noise considerably.

It runs seemingly fine, it's just much louder than it was when new.

Please provide feedback.

Jesus! That’s louder than my mates annoying ass Kenevo SL.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Transition and Fazua consider my motor noise within the 'normal' level based on my video.

I'm not super upset, nor surprised.

I'll eventually get it in locally and looked at for a possible local warranty but it's not a huge deal.

It's also not an 'in-cognito' motor system any longer as you can hear it easily even pedaled softly in Breeze mode, which would have been a deal killer for me if I had known that was the score.

I knew that e-bikes are not without significant teething problems and that was the risk I took. Due to the noise I'm likely to sell it off as soon as an updated Kenevo SL frameset is available for purchase and will likely stick with Spesh bikes from here on out based on my experiences with many brands now. (I currently own 2 Transitions, 1 Spesh & 1 Mondraker)

Who knows though, the dealer might replace it under warranty and I'll be super stoked again instead of just mildly stoked?

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Transition and Fazua consider my motor noise within the 'normal' level based on my video.

I'm not super upset, nor surprised.

I'll eventually get it in locally and looked at for a possible local warranty but it's not a huge deal.

It's also not an 'in-cognito' motor system any longer as you can hear it easily even pedaled softly in Breeze mode, which would have been a deal killer for me if I had known that was the score.

I knew that e-bikes are not without significant teething problems and that was the risk I took. Due to the noise I'm likely to sell it off as soon as an updated Kenevo SL frameset is available for purchase and will likely stick with Spesh bikes from here on out based on my experiences with many brands now. (I currently own 2 Transitions, 1 Spesh & 1 Mondraker)

Who knows though, the dealer might replace it under warranty and I'll be super stoked again instead of just mildly stoked?
Reinforces my decision to steer clear of the Relay & Pivot SL until such a time that Fazua has some a. Reliability, b. spare parts and c. better communication regarding services

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Reinforces my decision to steer clear of the Relay & Pivot SL until such a time that Fazua has some a. Reliability, b. spare parts and c. better communication regarding services
Same. This was a no brainer and well documented going back 6 months ago. Some people just ignored this and were hoping it would right itself, because the bike itself is bad ass and hit all the marks. It's too bad for all owners with issues and more to come that the motor has been such a debacle.

Does the lemon law pertain to Ebikes?

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
To be clear, the motor is just a bit louder and works fine.

It's no secret that there is variance in identical motors and the noises they produce.

Great handing bike, actually a really good weight for my build, great range and power, killer geo , mullet capability while maintaining CS length, really good dropper insertion, etc.

The Relay has a lot going for it.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
To be clear, the motor is just a bit louder and works fine.

It's no secret that there is variance in identical motors and the noises they produce.

Great handing bike, actually a really good weight for my build, great range and power, killer geo , mullet capability while maintaining CS length, really good dropper insertion, etc.

The Relay has a lot going for it.
One of the Pivot SLs my buddy has in his shop sounds just like yours, Fazua is replacing the motor under warranty….he’s still waiting on the replacement though.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
So we have a local shop that is very familiar with the motor and he told me to swing it by and if noise was irregular he'd get a motor ordered. It's really a time issue for me.

QuackFU

Apr 25, 2023
USA
I feel its a subpar e-bike due to its general lack of refinement. The motor is a bit wonkey at times (hopefully the update will fix that) the random battery connection issues, the lackluster LED display and the absolutely crap mode controller. When comparing the ebike features to like say Specialized or a TQ equipped bike the Fazua system is lacking. Still love riding the bike esp downhill hill, but there is room for improvment.
Wish I would have found your thread last month so I could have contributed! But looks like we have the same dislikes and now experiencing some of the same issues.

QuackFU

Apr 25, 2023
USA
Here I am, waiting impatiently for the GX AXS version to ship...all for what? Just to ride it 5 times and have to deal with a warranty claim. Fazua, fazua, fazua....figure it out. Not super excited to drop a lot of money on a product that is unreliable. Sigh.
I wouldn't take possession at this time.

Had mine since the beginning of April, and after 3 motors and then random shut downs I got Transition to refund my money. Absolutely love the power/performance/weight but think they have some serious issues that should have been worked out before release.

RxBike

Jan 26, 2023
USA
I wouldn't take possession at this time.

Had mine since the beginning of April, and after 3 motors and then random shut downs I got Transition to refund my money. Absolutely love the power/performance/weight but think they have some serious issues that should have been worked out before release.

Through all of this, I started to think it would be beneficial to receive my relay later than all of the other models. An attempt for them to have more time to figure out some issues. My excitement for the relay is starting to dwindle....when was the last time anyone "ordered" a bike and wasn't looking forward to receiving it? Such a strange feeling.

It seems obvious that Transition either has not sent relays to big media outlets for reviews or those outlets have been encourage to not post about their current relay experiences. Sadly, looks like Fazua is going to tarnish the relay name and idea with a product that just wasn't ready.

Fazua appears to be the reason for the "Osborne Effect" type release of the relay. Fazua's warranty department better continue pumping out replacements and updates....or bye bye Fazua.

Lukas1981

Apr 6, 2023
Poland
Through all of this, I started to think it would be beneficial to receive my relay later than all of the other models. An attempt for them to have more time to figure out some issues. My excitement for the relay is starting to dwindle....when was the last time anyone "ordered" a bike and wasn't looking forward to receiving it? Such a strange feeling.

It seems obvious that Transition either has not sent relays to big media outlets for reviews or those outlets have been encourage to not post about their current relay experiences. Sadly, looks like Fazua is going to tarnish the relay name and idea with a product that just wasn't ready.

Fazua appears to be the reason for the "Osborne Effect" type release of the relay. Fazua's warranty department better continue pumping out replacements and updates....or bye bye Fazua.
But this is exactly what was happening with Specialized turbo levo..4 motors replacement, broken belts etc:) i was there with frustration.. almost every motor had same issues . My Relay is in Poland already on customs and will be with me next week. I'm wondering if it has improved motor already...

RxBike

Jan 26, 2023
USA
But this is exactly what was happening with Specialized turbo levo..4 motors replacement, broken belts etc:) i was there with frustration.. almost every motor had same issues . My Relay is in Poland already on customs and will be with me next week. I'm wondering if it has improved motor already...

I appreciate your insight. My girlfriend has had a levo for 3 months now and I quite like that bike. However, it may have some motor issues developing already (loud noises). Maybe this is just a part of being an e bike owner at this stage of the game? Something I am not used to and something that I have historically not like to deal with....paying big money for stuff that doesn't work.

Nerds On Dirt MTB

Feb 20, 2023
The PNW
My Reay is having some major issues, I've noticed its low on power, breeze is almost non existent, and River is not putting out what it was before the update, changing setting in the app does nothing and there is a loud clicking noise under load now. Submitted a warranty request to TR so we will see what they say. Hopefully my girlfriend's wont have these issues she loves hers. Pretty disappointing epically after having to wait on a DOA battery for a week.

Lukas1981

Apr 6, 2023
Poland
I appreciate your insight. My girlfriend has had a levo for 3 months now and I quite like that bike. However, it may have some motor issues developing already (loud noises). Maybe this is just a part of being an e bike owner at this stage of the game? Something I am not used to and something that I have historically not like to deal with....paying big money for stuff that doesn't work.
I'm talking about first models back in 2018-2019. I was one of first clients that bought levo with their new brose motor. Man...that was a huge deal.. so many faulty engines. But it took a year for Spesh to update w fine with proper parts . So I'm sure fazua under Porshe will co tinue develop best engine out there. It's too competitive market those days.

QuackFU

Apr 25, 2023
USA
And I'm sure Fazua will refine the system as time goes on like Spec did, I just didn't want to be a beta tester when spending over 12k for a bike!

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
True, except Specialized has had so much experience with these issues that a new motor replacement is days away, instead of months. A good LBS will have your bike back to you in 4-5 days max.

Lukas1981

Apr 6, 2023
Poland
And I'm sure Fazua will refine the system as time goes on like Spec did, I just didn't want to be a beta tester when spending over 12k for a bike!
But I knew that i wil lbe beta tester haha:D
True, except Specialized has had so much experience with these issues that a new motor replacement is days away, instead of months. A good LBS will have your bike back to you in 4-5 days max.
It is great service now , but i waited 3 weeks for first replacement.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles