Transfer of warranty

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
I am considering getting a 3 week old SC bullet, it’s not registered with Santa Cruz and comes with the original receipt in the UK.

Any advice available on transfer of the 2 year warranty would be greatly appreciated

Thanks is D

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Surely If it’s not registered your be fine as technically the first owner and your have the original receipt too

Santa Cruz are really good when it comes to warranty I would go for it to be honest can’t see you having a problem

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Its an interesting topic! The majority of brands provide a warranty for X years that in effect only covers the frame ( in Specialized's case frame and wheels)................everything else on the bike has a warranty by the manufacturer.............SRAM/Shimano etc. Then there is the motor, and again certainly in the case of Bosch and Shimano they provide the warranty not the bike brand. With batteries the situation is similar but may be different if the battery is a one off special for the brand ( YT?)The situation is slightly different with Brose/Specialized although I reckon Brose actually meet the cost of warranty for motors but is only accessible via Specialized.
So the question could be whether the motor/battery manufacturer warranty applies to second owners.

Re the OPs question, registering the bike is one thing. Proving you are the original purchaser is another, especially since the purchase receipt should specify the purchasers name. As per the reply above I would not worry a bout it ( maybe unless it is a carbon frame!!!)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles