Trance X Advanced E+ Limited?

Mondaytownllc

Aug 4, 2022
Utah
So my wife and I have been bike shopping. We had haibike fat tire ebikes the last couple of years but unfortunately a Garage fire created a need for new bikes. Unable to get the exact replacement we started shopping around and The local bike shop recommended the trance.
I had been researching online about the 0, 1 and 2 Versions and had finally decided what we wanted when we went to the dealer to put the deposit down and saw that they had a new one that had just arrived called the limited.

It seems everything is carbon fiber, comes with electric shifting and an 800 W battery. I went ahead and put money down on that one because it seemed pretty cool but I cannot find a single thing about it anywhere on the Internet and wanted to know if anyone had any details or specs? I’m trying to figure out if it’s heavier or lighter than the 0 version.

slomtbr

Subscriber
May 14, 2021
US
Make note of the components on the 0 and the Limited, and compare their weights online.

cp_erider

Aug 8, 2022
Peoria, Az
I have the 2022 Tance X Advanced E+ 0 ... it's got carbon front and rear triangles, carbon wheels, carbon bars. So it can't get any lighter in a Limited. This a very nice ride - Fox Live Valve is truly amazing (to me) on the trail; however, there is def room for improvement in a Limited. It's got XT brakes but the rotors are entry-level stamped rotors found on a $500 buget bike (where are the XT IceTech rotors when paying $9,700 MSRP??). Drivetrain is XT tho I doubt the cassette is a true XT. It has the Giant OEM dropper, doubt that would get replaced. Seems like the ONLY difference might be the e-shift group and 800wh battery, maybe via an extender like the 250wh backpack already available? Maybe a limited run paint job? Prob weights more than the 0 with that battery, tho. What was the MSRP?

Mondaytownllc

Aug 4, 2022
Utah
I have the 2022 Tance X Advanced E+ 0 ... it's got carbon front and rear triangles, carbon wheels, carbon bars. So it can't get any lighter in a Limited. This a very nice ride - Fox Live Valve is truly amazing (to me) on the trail; however, there is def room for improvement in a Limited. It's got XT brakes but the rotors are entry-level stamped rotors found on a $500 buget bike (where are the XT IceTech rotors when paying $9,700 MSRP??). Drivetrain is XT tho I doubt the cassette is a true XT. It has the Giant OEM dropper, doubt that would get replaced. Seems like the ONLY difference might be the e-shift group and 800wh battery, maybe via an extender like the 250wh backpack already available? Maybe a limited run paint job? Prob weights more than the 0 with that battery, tho. What was the MSRP?

Interesting, I did not realize that. The wheels and bars definitely look different. I wish I could find a spec list. I’ll send a couple photos over. I don’t know components that well since I’m stIll a newbie. MSRP was 15,000
43C7B017-C526-433D-878F-820A6DB98E0D.jpeg
A5F078CF-6B73-4570-A2AB-A7BAE0D71221.jpeg
A5F078CF-6B73-4570-A2AB-A7BAE0D71221.jpeg
E8FC073F-DFCF-4566-9F05-C5F07D1B5686.jpeg
74AC556B-CBBA-4A27-B84B-07CB6A6234A7.jpeg

cp_erider

Aug 8, 2022
Peoria, Az
Interesting, I did not realize that. The wheels and bars definitely look different. I wish I could find a spec list. I’ll send a couple photos over. I don’t know components that well since I’m stIll a newbie. MSRP was 15,000
View attachment 94320 View attachment 94320 View attachment 94321 View attachment 94320 View attachment 94321 View attachment 94322 View attachment 94323
Oh man ... that has some crazy spec on it! Those wheels are NOT garden variety Gaint carbons ... those have TPS and the carbon looks over the top. The bars look full carbon with integrated stem, not cheap. The paint I saw somewhere in some Giant PR .. that's got to be a short run custom paint .. love that. The "0" finish isn't all the impressive and shows too much of the "patchwork" carbon layup work underneath, in my opinion. I can just see the collar on the dropper and it's not Giant OEM either. Looks like XX1 e-shift with full XX1 group (cassette, chain, derailleur and shifter). Crazy nice stuff and with an 800wh battery it will have a range of potentially 140 miles in eco-mode (I think the 625wh battery has 113 est range in eco-mode). Worth $15K? Maybe .. compare to the price of other brand top end bikes, maybe. Pedals are a nice match to the XX1 group if included. I may check with my giant-rep friend to see if I can get a full spec on it. Thanks for the pics. NICE!

Mondaytownllc

Aug 4, 2022
Utah

View attachment 94320 View attachment 94320 View attachment 94321

Mondaytownllc

Aug 4, 2022
Utah
Oh man ... that has some crazy spec on it! Those wheels are NOT garden variety Gaint carbons ... those have TPS and the carbon looks over the top. The bars look full carbon with integrated stem, not cheap. The paint I saw somewhere in some Giant PR .. that's got to be a short run custom paint .. love that. The "0" finish isn't all the impressive and shows too much of the "patchwork" carbon layup work underneath, in my opinion. I can just see the collar on the dropper and it's not Giant OEM either. Looks like XX1 e-shift with full XX1 group (cassette, chain, derailleur and shifter). Crazy nice stuff and with an 800wh battery it will have a range of potentially 140 miles in eco-mode (I think the 625wh battery has 113 est range in eco-mode). Worth $15K? Maybe .. compare to the price of other brand top end bikes, maybe. Pedals are a nice match to the XX1 group if included. I may check with my giant-rep friend to see if I can get a full spec on it. Thanks for the pics. NICE!

well that’s good to know that it looks like they’ve upgraded a few things. Thank you for the response. If you end up finding a spec list I would love to see one. It definitely was quite a jump in price. The biggest thing for me was I was going to spend $1200 on that battery add another thousand plus on the shifter And since I’m buying two trances they gave me a little discount.
It ended up making the price only a couple thousand dollars difference so I figured why not

cp_erider

Aug 8, 2022
Peoria, Az
I got the full "low-down" on that bike. I can't share it publicly because of an embargo still in place but my source will let me share enough details that I think might push you just over the top to buy that bike, lol. I don't have 10 posts yet (this is my 8th I think) so I can't DM you yet. Anyway .. the spec is truly as crazy as I suspected if not more. I wouldn't personally drop 15K on an ebike but if you are in the market and that price feels doable, you won't find ANY bike spec'd better and or with better performance metrics.

cp_erider

Aug 8, 2022
Peoria, Az
oops ... looks like someone beat me to it. I was told NOT to share it ... but there you go! I do the math and there are about $4500 in msrp upgrades and that doesn't even account for the advanced grade carbon layup or the higher assist ratio than any other bike that I know of. Sounds like a nice deal if you can get a little break on it and I doubt very many will ever hit the streets, but who knows. Looks like a very very nice ride.

cp_erider

Aug 8, 2022
Peoria, Az
oops ... looks like someone beat me to it. I was told NOT to share it ... but there you go! I do the math and there are about $4500 in msrp upgrades and that doesn't even account for the advanced grade carbon layup or the higher assist ratio than any other bike that I know of. Sounds like a nice deal if you can get a little break on it and I doubt very many will ever hit the streets, but who knows. Looks like a very very nice ride.
That upgrade amount takes into account the fact that bike in your pictures has a full AXS X01 group, Eagle X01 cassette, XX1 gold chain which are NOT spec'd on the production sheet. Looks like the production bikes will have a more price sensitive GXS group with corresponding cassette and chain.

Mondaytownllc

Aug 4, 2022
Utah
That’s awesome to hear. I’m excited! Picking it up today! Thanks for the feedback and reassurance! It’s definitely a bit more than I was planning on but I’m a sucker for technology.

cp_erider

Aug 8, 2022
Peoria, Az
That’s awesome to hear. I’m excited! Picking it up today! Thanks for the feedback and reassurance! It’s definitely a bit more than I was planning on but I’m a sucker for technology.
Sweet! I def want to hear a ride report :). I boasts 400% assist (increased from max 360% on the "0" and for most any other ebike). And I would love to hear how you like the Zipp single wall tech rims that are supposed to "roll" with terrain .. .and then the Quark TireWiz TPS you can monitor tire pressure on the AXS app .. I'm a geek for tech too, lol. Kinda jealous! All the best...

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Sweet! I def want to hear a ride report :). I boasts 400% assist (increased from max 360% on the "0" and for most any other ebike). And I would love to hear how you like the Zipp single wall tech rims that are supposed to "roll" with terrain .. .and then the Quark TireWiz TPS you can monitor tire pressure on the AXS app .. I'm a geek for tech too, lol. Kinda jealous! All the best...

That is false as all new gen eMTBs from giant have 400% assist, LTD and 0 have the same motor.

Trance X E+ LTD is now on Giant's website, 507 units limited worldwide...no more embargo. Bikes are already available in bike shops.

That bike is truly amazing and the price is pretty good for what you get, I would get the LTD just for the 800wh battery since the 0 is stuck with the 625wh.

cp_erider

Aug 8, 2022
Peoria, Az
That is false as all new gen eMTBs from giant have 400% assist, LTD and 0 have the same motor.

Trance X E+ LTD is now on Giant's website, 507 units limited worldwide...no more embargo. Bikes are already available in bike shops.

That bike is truly amazing and the price is pretty good for what you get, I would get the LTD just for the 800wh battery since the 0 is stuck with the 625wh.
I stand corrected .. not sure where I got the wrong info .. but it's great for me because I have the 0 and now realize I have the higher assist spec :). Thx ...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles