New owner of a Trance x advanced e+2

Beesting

Apr 4, 2022
20220403_121221.jpg

Got about 150 miles on the bike, really liking it. Anyone know the torque specs on the motor mounts? Most of the other bolts are stamped with the recommended torque setting.

Plodder Bob

Apr 4, 2022
Cheshire UK
View attachment 85374

Got about 150 miles on the bike, really liking it. Anyone know the torque specs on the motor mounts? Most of the other bolts are stamped with the recommended torque setting.
Seems odd that something as critical as motor mounts doesn’t have suggested torque settings on ? Nice bike is it a 2022 model I have the 2021 version and thought EX2 were all blue & black ? There’s a good chance the the motor mounts are torqued and loctited up on assembly to stop them working loose .

Beesting

Apr 4, 2022
The two motor mounts and the lower shock mount don't seem to have it stamped on the bolt head. Not a big deal just was going thru and retorqueing everything because I found the lower shock mount loose.

Plodder Bob

Apr 4, 2022
Cheshire UK
The lower shock mount does have a torque setting its on the allen hex side not on the 2 flats for a spanner side . From memory its 15nm but you have to hold the slotted side with a spanner whilst you turn the allen key with your torque wrench . I thought mine was loose till i realised you need a spanner on the back whilst torquing it up

Beesting

Apr 4, 2022
I came off a cannondale trail 5, the Trance is alot longer/bigger. I think 50" wheelbase so it might just be the angle of the pic. Great bike so far.

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
I came off a cannondale trail 5, the Trance is alot longer/bigger. I think 50" wheelbase so it might just be the angle of the pic. Great bike so far.
Are you finding the bike as a whole longer? I've ordered mine in a small but others I speak to say medium is better. Compared to my last dually (26" !) this thing is much longer in rear as well as reach it seems. I guess a 50mm stem swap vs 40mm and seat back 1.5cm results in the same reach as the medium anyway 😂

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Are you finding the bike as a whole longer? I've ordered mine in a small but others I speak to say medium is better. Compared to my last dually (26" !) this thing is much longer in rear as well as reach it seems. I guess a 50mm stem swap vs 40mm and seat back 1.5cm results in the same reach as the medium anyway 😂
I’ve got it in a medium, I’m 5’11 and it fits good. Dropped down from a large in the 2021 alloy version which I found a bit of a stretch

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
Yeah the service manual has been posted here, check that. Few people will have the reverse torque wrench to sort the cranks, so just take it in for first service where you got it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles