Battery Life - 2023 Trance X Advanced E+ Elite

Montana St Alum

Feb 13, 2023
Park City Utah
My perception has always been that my pace was 50-70, so it's interesting to actually get that confirmed. On yesterday's ride, using the Giant app, it showed an average cadence of 60. 22.8 miles (20.82 on Strava), 3400 feet of climbing (Strava showed 3251'). Climbed to 9400' a couple of times, so the bike was doing its share of work. 50%, 20NM and launch 2 for most of the ride and reasonably low HR the whole time. Odd, the differences, and used 66% of the battery.

On Strava, on this ride, there is a section that measures 6.3 miles on the Park City Utah trail map put out by the folks who built the trail. It shows 6.29 on Strava. When the Giant app sends the info to Strava, Strava seems to correct the distances. I expect Strava is accurate, and the Giant app is not.

Last edited:

Marecki

Nov 24, 2021
Poland
The Elite shares the same Yamaha (Syncdrive Pro) motor as recent Trance & Reign models. I find the Smart Assist (auto) mode to be impractical when riding trails.
Hello. AFAIK Trance X Advanced Elite is running SyncDrive Pro2 motor while Trance/Reign are running SyncDrive Pro.
Also some new Stance E+ models are running SyncDrive Pro2 so I think next year we can expect new Trance/Reign with Pro2 as well.

Marecki

Nov 24, 2021
Poland
Sorry then. I didn't know that Syncdrive Pro2 and PWX3 are the same (however strange is that on Giant website Trance Advanced Elite and some Stance E+ are detailed with Syncdrive Pro2 while Trance/Reign with Syncdrive Pro). But it's good to know.

bglidin

May 5, 2020
So Cal
I have the Elite 3 and this bike's battery life is suprisingly low in my opinion. Elite has a 400Wh battery, but my 2020 Trek Rail 5 with a 500Wh seems to last way longer. I know it depends on the mode and terrain, but to me the Elite 3 400Wh battery life seems super low. I had a 100% full charge yesterday and rode in full power mode for 10 miles yesterday and ended the ride with 48%. I decided not to charge it that night to see how far I could ride it today on another trail...today the battery was at 48% at the start of my second ride. I was in sport mode and made it 5.5 miles before the battery was dead. On my Trek Rail with a 500Wh battery in EMTB mode(which is one step below full turbo mode) I can get 3-4 similar rides in easily. Maybe my expectations are too high? Just curious what other Elite owners think of their battery life.
(note: corrected Wh vs MWh :geek:)
Nothing compares to EMBT yet. Also it’s not one below full power it is adjusting all the time. I miss my EMBT also.
The Auto on the giant isn’t there yet but hopefully they get it figured out and send an update.
I use level 3 active mostly and level 2 on the flats. Nothing I can’t climb in level 3.
After you cycle the battery a few times range improves also and play around with the app.
I

bglidin

May 5, 2020
So Cal
Was in Active mode for the whole ride. Battery had 45% left !

IMG_8756.png

Montana St Alum

Feb 13, 2023
Park City Utah
The app and Strava differ in range and elevation but this is a know issue.
It's also an issue with the L200 they sent me.
Last month I went on a (according to Strava) 29.24mile ride, 3700 feet of climbing, 3:23 moving time fairly techy and rocky in areas. The last mile was up a road at full power. I ended with 2% battery left.

Last edited:

bglidin

May 5, 2020
So Cal
It's also an issue with the L200 they sent me.
Last month I went on a (according to Strava) 29.24mile ride, 3700 feet of climbing, 3:23 moving time fairly techy and rocky in areas. The last mile was up a road at full power. I ended with 2% battery left.
Was this with an extender and what assistance level are you using mostly?
How did l200 dash results differ from Strava?

bglidin

May 5, 2020
So Cal
I tried using auto and it seems it doesn’t improve mileage as I thought but gave it another shot and ended finishing the ride in ECO. This was without my extender and finished the ride with one red amber bar.

IMG_8902.png IMG_8901.png

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Hi all, just revisiting this thread after you guys have had a few months riding the elite now. Can you give an update on range figures as im looking to run an elite along side my trance. cheers

Spudley

Dec 16, 2021
New Zealand
Hi all, just revisiting this thread after you guys have had a few months riding the elite now. Can you give an update on range figures as im looking to run an elite along side my trance. cheers
Hi guys, chiming in for first time. I've had mixed results on mine. I can confirm that I've wound down level one as far as possibly in every way and it's epic for range at 30nm and power gain right down.
I've also had some times when shuttling very steep sections for local down hill trails at full power and I've had couple of hours with range left.
I think the idea of this bike is if you run it as an sl and use low power modes set down with restrictions it'll go the distance, if you want to boost everywhere and ride up super steeps it'll need the extender... Essentially this is the beauty of this bike. It can do both.

On a side note I didnt like the handling at all of this bike (2) until I stretched the front to 160, extra volume spacer and added 35m. Rise bars with float x in the rear and ice tech rotors. ... I'm starting to gell with it now and for my typical 2hr escapes from the family the range is fine.
If I'm doing more I'll take my full fat norco range vlt as it goes all day.

This bike is special but not super capable unfortunately.

Reactions: A22

Budi

Aug 2, 2021
France
I just received mine.
The lower shock pivot had a play just after unboxing, by tightening it the play disappears.
I removed the shock to check and there is no bushing on the eyelet.
Is it supposed to be that way?
Also, I didn't find any specific manual for this bike, just a general one for all Giant mountain bikes and e-bikes...
Thanks

Budi

Aug 2, 2021
France
I just received mine.
The lower shock pivot had a play just after unboxing, by tightening it the play disappears.
I removed the shock to check and there is no bushing on the eyelet.
Is it supposed to be that way?
Also, I didn't find any specific manual for this bike, just a general one for all Giant mountain bikes and e-bikes...
Thanks
Never mind, found a video on YouTube on the Maestro suspension. The bike is the way it supposed to be 😂

rda

Mar 19, 2022
indiana
have had my elite 2 out for a few rides now. I have the extender and have done a lot of tuning on the levels to make it more progressive. i have eco set at 30nm with 50% support. i weigh 195 before gear. i was able to ride 40 miles with 4k of climb and had 10 % left. i used eco most of the time except for a few of the steeper/longer hills where i bumped it up to 2 and 3 (which are also de-tuned) i ran the last 4-5 miles in 2,3,4 and even 5 just for the fun of it. did a ride last weekend, 28 miles with 3871 climb. same, thing, left it in eco except when needed. last 4 miles is basically uphill, used 2 and 3 and ended with 22%.
loving the bike, climbs like a goat, handles the rock gardens great and goes down better too.
FYI, i did upgrade the wheelset out of the box. i'm running carbon reserve rims.

Curt_H

Apr 3, 2022
Twin lakes, CO
have had my elite 2 out for a few rides now. I have the extender and have done a lot of tuning on the levels to make it more progressive. i have eco set at 30nm with 50% support. i weigh 195 before gear. i was able to ride 40 miles with 4k of climb and had 10 % left. i used eco most of the time except for a few of the steeper/longer hills where i bumped it up to 2 and 3 (which are also de-tuned) i ran the last 4-5 miles in 2,3,4 and even 5 just for the fun of it. did a ride last weekend, 28 miles with 3871 climb. same, thing, left it in eco except when needed. last 4 miles is basically uphill, used 2 and 3 and ended with 22%.
loving the bike, climbs like a goat, handles the rock gardens great and goes down better too.
FYI, i did upgrade the wheelset out of the box. i'm running carbon reserve rims.
You said you have the battery extender but it wasn't clear if you used it on these rides you shared regarding range?
Yep, the bike is terrific in so many ways I agree and ditto on the upgrade with nice carbon wheels! Worth the cheddar

rda

Mar 19, 2022
indiana
You said you have the battery extender but it wasn't clear if you used it on these rides you shared regarding range?
Yep, the bike is terrific in so many ways I agree and ditto on the upgrade with nice carbon wheels! Worth the cheddar
both of those rides were with the re. i did a ride without it when i first got it, all of the settings were still factory. I also used a lot of the upper settings just playing around. got 23 miles-2513 elevation and had 18% left

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles