Trance E+ 2 Pro thoughts

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
Being unable to buy the Decathlon Stilus, I've started looking at other bikes.

The Trance E+ 2 Pro appeals, as it's being sold at a local shop, rather than mail order, and they also do 0% finance, which helps!

Anyone here have any feedback on the bike?

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
I've got trance e 3 with alot of mods and I'd think it's alot better than the decathlon one don't get me wrong I think that's great value but the giant suspension is better and so is the motor imo ?

Bigxmtb

May 24, 2020
UK
As an owner for 12 days I can say its awesome. I have made a few tweeks just for my individual riding, like 40mm rise bars instead of the 20 it comes with but as standard it's a serious emtb.

The tyres it comes with are amazing, I never had such big rims and tyres before and you really notice the difference on a trail just endless grip. Overall its a big upgrade on the stylus imo should definitely consider it.

Andyd68

May 7, 2020
Birmingham

The Trance E+ 2 Pro appeals, as it's being sold at a local shop, rather than mail order, and they also do 0% finance, which helps!

Funny enough I was looking at that bike today cost was £4000 option for 0% + 80 points(70 with 0%). You have to spend the points at checkout(can get loads of extras for free) think they only have a S or L in stock Pedal On | Giant | Trek | Scott | Cannondale | Road & Mountain Bikes

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
I think I've narrowed it down the the Trance E+2 Pro, or the Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC SL.

Giant Pros:
Available locally
£200 cheaper
better suspension (Fox 36 Float Rhythm vs Fox 34 Rhythm)
27.5 wheel (my preference)

Cube Pros:
bigger battery (625 vs 500)
better brakes (XT vs BR-MT520)
carbon frame (for bullshitting in the pub, and looks better)

any opinions?

Bigxmtb

May 24, 2020
UK
I think I've narrowed it down the the Trance E+2 Pro, or the Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC SL.

Giant Pros:
Available locally
£200 cheaper
better suspension (Fox 36 Float Rhythm vs Fox 34 Rhythm)
27.5 wheel (my preference)

Cube Pros:
bigger battery (625 vs 500)
better brakes (XT vs BR-MT520)
carbon frame (for bullshitting in the pub, and looks better)

any opinions?

What I will say since I own the trance e+2 pro as I said its a great bike there is a few differences you should know.

The cube running on the gen4 bosch the engine seems to perform slightly more aggressively up hills etc with how it delivers the power. The yamaha on the giant has really good intial kick but then its consistent. I actually think despite giant motor having more torque the bosch uses it better.

I have been a lil disappointed in my range on the trance but thats probably more due to being a bigger rider and theres alot of steep hills where I ride. Brakes on the trance been really good though.

Giant runs so silent though compared to the bosch when on flat and downhill. Bosch motors always have a little rattling noises on descents and a constant noises when pedalling thats more noticeable than the giant but not by a huge margin.

I know this probably hasnt helped, I think no matter what you go you would eventually change the forks anyway at least that is my plan as they dont have the right sort of rebound on the smaller hits that I like despite messing with it alot.

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
well, I've been for a spin on the Trance (in a car park :rolleyes:) and the size is perfect. The brakes seemed to have a lot of travel before the bite, but didnt test them properly, and could probably be adjusted.

just need to work out the man maths to convince myself I need to spend £4k on a bike

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
well, I've been for a spin on the Trance (in a car park :rolleyes:) and the size is perfect. The brakes seemed to have a lot of travel before the bite, but didnt test them properly, and could probably be adjusted.

just need to work out the man maths to convince myself I need to spend £4k on a bike
You’re not spending £4k to buy a bike. You’re spending that much to buy a time machine that takes you 20-30 years back to your youth. ?
You’re gonna feel so young, it’s going to predate your interest in women that you’ll likely neglect your wife/partner/girlfriend... ??

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi alot of the lads ride cube stereo nice bike but there short on geometry reach is short and I'd argue about the brakes the 520s are good when set up use the same pads as xt but don't have the crap bite point adjust that doesn't work on the xt and there's loads of people and reviews talking about xt brakes changing bite point mid ride ? As for carbon it makes 500grams difference and if u bang it the frame is knackered normally ? Both great value bikes mind ?

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
soooo, I might have spent far too much money on a toy.....

Any reason why a Samsung Galaxy S6 wont connect via bluetooth?

Also, I can connect via an iPad, but it want to do an update before it'll let me in the app, but the update fails.

I'll try again once it's fully charged

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
soooo, I might have spent far too much money on a toy.....

Any reason why a Samsung Galaxy S6 wont connect via bluetooth?

Also, I can connect via an iPad, but it want to do an update before it'll let me in the app, but the update fails.

I'll try again once it's fully charged
Congrats. Happy riding!

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
First ride done. 6 Miles, 900ft of climbing with 83% battery left mostly using mode 2 and 3.

Took an hour when it usually takes 2+ any end up totally knackered.

Screenshot_20200624-203552.png

20200624_191724.jpg

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Shame about the phone not working, but it is very old

Have you tried the phone again since you updated the bike's firmware?
A couple of weeks ago my app told me I had to update the firmware before it could connect, but the update kept failing.
I took it to my LBS for them to update it on their computer, and since then the phone has connected to the bike (although most of the things on the record a ride function do not work!).

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
I tried, but it still wouldnt work. in the end I bought a cheapo android phone, which connects, so I'll use it as a cycle computer (y)

Peet

Jun 17, 2020
South Africa

Hi
I bought the giant trance tow weeks ago and it’s been back to the dealer already for them to change the remote. I hope it’s just teething problems and not something major
I’ve enjoyed riding the bike and it’s not let me down yet

IanVersion2

Jun 12, 2020
Stroud, Glos, UK
You’re not spending £4k to buy a bike. You’re spending that much to buy a time machine that takes you 20-30 years back to your youth. ?
You’re gonna feel so young, it’s going to predate your interest in women that you’ll likely neglect your wife/partner/girlfriend... ??

This post right here, sums it up so well.

I grew up on bikes, couldn't get me off them as a lad. Then I moved onto motorbikes, then onto cars... then my active warehouse job turned into a seated office job... and then I'm 37 and out of shape and can manage about 15 minutes on a mountain bike before I'm knackered! :D

I've had my Trance 10 days, here's my ride log. Maybe the novelty will wear off? but so far. Life changing.
Screenshot_20200629_101500_com.huawei.health.jpg

e. sorry for jumping in on your thread andy, I know you won't mind as we're bike twins.

Last edited:

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
This post right here, sums it up so well.

I grew up on bikes, couldn't get me off them as a lad. Then I moved onto motorbikes, then onto cars... then my active warehouse job turned into a seated office job... and then I'm 37 and out of shape and can manage about 15 minutes on a mountain bike before I'm knackered! :D

I've had my Trance 10 days, here's my ride log. Maybe the novelty will wear off? but so far. Life changing.
View attachment 34543

e. sorry for jumping in on your thread andy, I know you won't mind as we're bike twins.
Here’s what made me say that...

I came across a really old vintage B&W photo of me on my first bike. I don’t recall the childhood photo was ever taken and as I strained to remember anything about it, only two things came to mind. One, that it was red and that it’s the first object I ever loved. Two, I remembered a ‘feeling’... about how I could ride that bike all day with no pain, no sweat, and no regard as to where and how far I would roam.

Strangely... it’s the same feeling I get every time I ride my Trance. ? I’ve ridden two other eMTBs prior, but that feeling only comes back on my Trance... ?‍♂️

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles