• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Torso Protection

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
Had a pretty bad off today which resulted in a chest into a rock and a very winded Christurbo.

Managed to recover and carried on with the ride but it looks like my chest has been involved in a full frontal car accident as I’ve bruised my rib cage and I have cuts all over my torso and arms. I’ve felt less pain after a car accident.

Does anyone use a lightweight torso protector for trail centres etc. pref one that goes under the jersey. Considering some piece of mind so I can still push it hard.

Thanks.

Topi

Aug 8, 2022
Sweden
I´ve got this one and it´s pretty lite one but it should take that first punch anyway.

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
I´ve got this one and it´s pretty lite one but it should take that first punch anyway.
That looks like just what I want. Thanks.

I’ve also seen the POC Oseus Torso which looks similar.

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
Had the same sort of thing happen to me, crashed onto my face and chest. When doing silly stuff now wear Leatt AirFlex Stealth Protector T-Shirt (with a full face helmet and knee and elbow pads).
I just ordered the long sleeve version thanks 👍🏼

IMG_6430.jpeg
IMG_6430.jpeg

Last edited:

Topi

Aug 8, 2022
Sweden
I have this one, it’s nice but I still sweat a good bit in it. They have the same thing in a sleeveless version but don’t know how much cooler it would be.

How´s this one to get of the sweaty body? That´s why i prefer the one with a zipper.

Last edited:

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
I understand you. I took a short sleeve for the heat problem and changeable elbow protection.
Cool that you found something what fits you.
It’s turning into Autumn here already it seems so went for the long sleeve version. If any good I might go for the short sleeve next year for summer.

DirtFarmer

Dec 12, 2021
Lethbridge
G-Form, Pro-X3
I’ve suited up with G-Form. I went up one size for the jersey and shorts. Standard sizes for knees and elbows. I add shin pads whenever I wear long pants.
Yes they add warmth but I need to keep the injuries at bay.
I’m not a downhill racer but I set a pretty good pace. Mostly I wear protection for the bumps and scrapes that occur from sliding out or clipping trees or rocks when the trail is tight.
I would say the Pro-X3 is about the best I’ve been able to get my hands on for anything less than high speed tumbles.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Been looking into this myself recently too.

Does anyone use the Troy Lee Designs UPS 7850? If so would you recommend it?

I use a 7855, there is a thread with some other options too .. There's been quite a few body armour threads.

The elbows are excellent, it's lightweight, cool, good area of protection compared to other options.

I've got quite a range of protection and it's still the one I'll generally wear the most.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles