To sell or not to sell

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Not sure what to do with mi bike sell or keep don’t need the money but not sure if I need 2 bikes ?

3A7719C9-1270-4477-8C7D-3180C7F5C535.jpeg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
As you don't need the money I'll take it off your hands for free. I'll even collect it. You won't get a better offer than that!

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
keep it and share the shred experience with friends you think might want to get into it :D
To be fair that’s what I’ve been doing I’ve lent it to 2 pals and there now buying 1 ? my 13 year old uses it but I dare not let him out on his own ??‍♂️ So thinking do I sell and buy him a cheaper 1 or keep it ??‍♂️

conman

Jun 1, 2019
Keswick
I've been stuck with no emtb a few times lately waiting to replace derailleur, brake disc and fork service and wishing I had another one. I'd keep it.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Why don’t you dare let him out on his own? I don’t understand this statement. You should ride the FF and he rides the SL.
there are some young teens at my local freeride trail who can send full size bikes just fine. That youthful energy makes up for higher bike to body weight ratio as well as their inherent lack of wisdom.

Though, if you want your kid to be a shredder get him a DJ bike that’s the best way to learn bike dynamics.

The OP comes from West Yorkshire. I’m guessing it’s more to do with the fact that it’s highly likely the bike would get stolen at knife point by some gangs of teenage scrotes on scooters

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
The OP comes from West Yorkshire. I’m guessing it’s more to do with the fact that it’s highly likely the bike would get stolen at knife point by some gangs of teenage scrotes on scooters
That’s about right I do live in a very nice area but it’s when you leave this area/village that you come across the odd crack head ?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
That’s about right I do live in a very nice area but it’s when you leave this area/village that you come across the odd crack head ?

Yes sorry I wasn’t implying you live in a shitty area, although reading back it may have come across as that, I just know how many ‘gangs’ ride around looking for easy thieving opportunities around Leeds / Bradford / Huddersfield etc

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
I would keep it for your son and occasional loaner for a friends in the mean time. In a few years the bike will fit him well enough and be worth less. Insurance for the piece of mind, a good amount of beware coaching and cover the fancy logos with stickers so its more of a sleeper. Sad fact is if he was going to be robbed I doubt the thief wouldn't turn him down regardless of the bike ?‍♂️

I used to have a nice bike as a kid I used stickers and inner tubes to make it harder to see from afar what I was riding. That said I have fairly rare-ish acoustic MTB atm. I may sell it for space (should my emtb ever arrive) or I might strip it down sell the parts but keep the frame and mounted on the wall in my office.

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Yes sorry I wasn’t implying you live in a shitty area, although reading back it may have come across as that, I just know how many ‘gangs’ ride around looking for easy thieving opportunities around Leeds / Bradford / Huddersfield etc
No worry’s never read it in that way pal ??

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
You should ride the FF and he rides the SL.

Though, if you want your kid to be a shredder get him a DJ bike that’s the best way to learn bike dynamics.

I've been doing variations on this for a couple of months - the kids swapping between my sl, giant fugle, their ds memtb's and our dirt jumper. I'm so glad to have kept the old emtb, but the dirt jumper rarely gets used.

The 12 yo will tag along on an emtb for any new destination where he isn't comfortable of making the distance , but very much prefers his lighter ds memtb

The 14 yo refuses to ride even the sl. Apparently it's an overweight barge.

The 16 yo has discovered she can nip out for an after school 20 km blast on the sl so I'm back riding the fugle on those days.

The lbs loves me - they're selling emtb's to my mates who have spent a day on the fugle.

Meanwhile, any time I need some shed therapy there are 7 bikes needing some tlc

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles